playercorefactory.xml in windows
Hello,

I've been using XBMC/Kodi for a while and always been successful in modifying a playercorefactory.xml in using external players like MX Player.
I'm trying to setup a windows box with Kodi using MPC-HC to leverage MadVR. I have the following playercorefactory.xml at C:\Users\User1\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>false</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Default player for specified file types-->
<rule filetypes="avi|mkv|mp4|ogm|ts|divx|ts.ifo|m2ts|wmv" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

However I can't seem to get it to work. All the paths seem to be fine and the video I am trying to play is a MP4 file.

Hmm... just did a couple of tests. If I was to play a local video file it will launch MPC-HC just fine. I'm having issues launchin videos from KissAnime and FoodNetwork so far.
(2015-01-25, 07:10)chunkychunkz Wrote: Hello,

I've been using XBMC/Kodi for a while and always been successful in modifying a playercorefactory.xml in using external players like MX Player.
I'm trying to setup a windows box with Kodi using MPC-HC to leverage MadVR. I have the following playercorefactory.xml at C:\Users\User1\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>false</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Default player for specified file types-->
<rule filetypes="avi|mkv|mp4|ogm|ts|divx|ts.ifo|m2ts|wmv" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

However I can't seem to get it to work. All the paths seem to be fine and the video I am trying to play is a MP4 file.

Hmm... just did a couple of tests. If I was to play a local video file it will launch MPC-HC just fine. I'm having issues launchin videos from KissAnime and FoodNetwork so far.

Please see this thread and the posted playercorefactory.xml within: 209596 (thread).
I actually used that wonderful guide of yours. Unfortunately when I got stuck, I tinkered the XML myself to at least just load MPC--HD.

After a while, I found out the video add-ons that I've been using are all internet streams which your guide clearly indicates that MPC-HD does not support.
So instead, I installed MPC-BE and hooked up MadVR to it (very similar to your guide) and wah lah!

Thanks !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
playercorefactory.xml in windows0