• 10(current)
v14 Xperience1080 3.5 Bug Reports & Suggestions
Thank you for making this skin. Is it possible for you to put a full screen button on the main page of the skin. Similar to the default skin. If I hit info while watching a video, Then hit back it takes me to the main page of the skin and there is no way to get back to the video without going into the iOS remote app and hitting the full screen button
Hi Piers, I love your skin but, I have a bug
I dont know how to explain so, there are some screenshots
(ver 3.50.03)

I want to customize the widget (+) Nod

options:Nod

menu:Nod

but, if there is somthing playing, music or a movie the menu looks like this Rolleyes
I'm experiencing a bug in the EPG overview:

When I move the selection up it behaves a expected. When I move the selection down (from top without changing the channels), a path is left behind as you can see in the screenshot.

Edit: Just remembered I had dirty regions on 1, no bug on default setting. Cheers!
(2015-03-04, 23:38)niekez Wrote: I'm experiencing a bug in the EPG overview:

When I move the selection up it behaves a expected. When I move the selection down (from top without changing the channels), a path is left behind as you can see in the screenshot.

Edit: Just remembered I had dirty regions on 1, no bug on default setting. Cheers!

Glad I saw your edit Tongue Yep, that would potentially cause the issue.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2015-03-04, 22:21)Eddy_ac Wrote: Hi Piers, I love your skin but, I have a bug
(ver 3.50.03)

but, if there is somthing playing, music or a movie the menu looks like this Rolleyes

Please provide screenshots I can see.

(2015-03-04, 15:53)Thrashman69 Wrote: Thank you for making this skin. Is it possible for you to put a full screen button on the main page of the skin. Similar to the default skin. If I hit info while watching a video, Then hit back it takes me to the main page of the skin and there is no way to get back to the video without going into the iOS remote app and hitting the full screen button

Good suggestion, I often forget to think about remote users. Let me check that I understand your request correctly.

1) Play a video
2) Leave video playing, go back to main menu.
3) No key mapped for 'tab' so this causes issue.
4) You would like a button or option to 'Return to Fullscreen'

If the above is true then I think the best place to put this would be in the Power Options menu in the Home screen, where it only shows if a video is playing.

(2015-03-05, 11:46)Piers Wrote:
(2015-03-04, 15:53)Thrashman69 Wrote: Thank you for making this skin. Is it possible for you to put a full screen button on the main page of the skin. Similar to the default skin. If I hit info while watching a video, Then hit back it takes me to the main page of the skin and there is no way to get back to the video without going into the iOS remote app and hitting the full screen button

Good suggestion, I often forget to think about remote users. Let me check that I understand your request correctly.

1) Play a video

If the above is true then I think the best place to put this would be in the Power Options menu in the Home screen, where it only shows if a video is playing.

Thrashman69, I believe if you press Back from the home screen, it will resume to full screen. But you need to make sure you are not highlighted on one of the tiles, because there is alternate "back" behaviour for those tiles. It's fiddly at best.

But what I would recommend you do is change your keymap setting to that pressing Back when watching a video stops the video, as you if you pressed the stop button. Unless you specifically like the functionality where it minimises the video to the background, then this is a much better and cleaner experience for remote users.

Otherwise, and this happens on the default skin too, you need to navigate back through all the menu till you get to the home screen and then click the full screen button (or back on some skins). Bit of a pain.

Or if you remote has enough buttons, you could map fullscreen to one of them and instantly go back to fullscreen.

If you want info on how to edit your keymap so that the video stops when you press back, send me a PM.
(2015-03-05, 12:33)eskay993 Wrote:
(2015-03-05, 11:46)Piers Wrote:

1) Play a video

Thrashman69, I believe if you press Back from the home screen, it will resume to full screen. But you need to make sure you are not highlighted on one of the tiles, because there is alternate "back" behaviour for those tiles. It's fiddly at best.

But what I would recommend you do is change your keymap setting to that pressing Back when watching a video stops the video, as you if you pressed the stop button. Unless you specifically like the functionality where it minimises the video to the background, then this is a much better and cleaner experience for remote users.

Otherwise, and this happens on the default skin too, you need to navigate back through all the menu till you get to the home screen and then click the full screen button (or back on some skins). Bit of a pain.

Or if you remote has enough buttons, you could map fullscreen to one of them and instantly go back to fullscreen.

If you want info on how to edit your keymap so that the video stops when you press back, send me a PM.

The above is correct, but I see his point - it's not hard to add an extra button for that purpose but I'd rather not - and generally don't add items - from one user request. I'd like to hear more about ways to optimise the skin for remote users.

(2015-03-05, 13:30)Piers Wrote:
(2015-03-05, 12:33)eskay993 Wrote:
(2015-03-05, 11:46)Piers Wrote: Good suggestion, I often forget to think about remote users. Let me check that I understand your request correctly.

1) Play a video

The above is correct, but I see his point - it's not hard to add an extra button for that purpose but I'd rather not - and generally don't add items - from one user request. I'd like to hear more about ways to optimise the skin for remote users.

I would be curious to know as well. I am guessing many remap Back to Stop (or haven't thought of it yet and would prefer it.. like me.. it was a "Eureka!" moment when someone suggested it to me Smile).

Maximinimilism skin does have a skin settings that lets you toggle "Back button stops video" on and off. This toggles between back stopping video and back button minimising video to the background. I personally think it's overkill since it can be done using keymap, but it is a really nice touch Smile

For those that actually like the back button to minimise, if you have a remote with many buttons, like the MCE remote for example, then it's pretty easy mapping Full Screen to one of those without sacrificing functionality (that's how my old setup was).

If you like the back button to minimise AND have limited buttons like a Fire TV or Apple remote, I would be curious as well to know what you guys do as I never found a good solution for this. As I say even having a button on the home screen like Confluence does is still a pain to back up through all the screens, but I am sure there are people out there that don't mind.
Hi everyone, I'm new here but have been using this skin a while now and really love it!
Now I think I have encountered a bug. The new rate dialog for the Trakt.tv addon looks gorgeous but doesn't work. None of the arrow buttons or the ok button on my remote have any effect and the only way I get rid of the dialog is by pressing back. Also there is no text shown like in the default design. ("good".."superb"..etc)
Does anyone have the same problem?

PS: I'm using the 1080XF Theme and 3.50.03
(2015-03-05, 15:46)Doc.Ex Wrote: Hi everyone, I'm new here but have been using this skin a while now and really love it!
Now I think I have encountered a bug. The new rate dialog for the Trakt.tv addon looks gorgeous but doesn't work. None of the arrow buttons or the ok button on my remote have any effect and the only way I get rid of the dialog is by pressing back. Also there is no text shown like in the default design. ("good".."superb"..etc)

i have the exact same issue. If i use the default theme or the 1080XF theme the same thing happens.
Hi, first i loved old Xperience on pc, then i moved to rpi stopped using it and now i have a Rpi2 and i can use it again.
Thank you for your work Piers and for continuing Black work Smile

So far no bugs but i have a important suggestion (at lest for me).

1) Can you add more options to the custom widgets? (Skin widgets options)
I would really love to have the option to have the "ongoing tv shows" on the widget 4 (the one in the tv shows screen). For example this option is available in home screen (second widget) but not on the rest of the widgets.
Or for example Random movies on widget 3 (on the movies screen).
The available options like trending movies/tv shows are really not important for me because the items are not i'm my library and can't watch them.
Options like random, new or ongoing are more useful. You can use the script skin widgets to achieve this, (probably) like you are on widget 2.

2) You could add the option to have or add widgets with different sizes to the categories.
For example in Movies/Tv shows having the option to have a small widget (like widgets 2 and 5) and having more space for custom items would be great for people who use lot's of addons/favorites. (The category would look similar to music with 6 custom items like this: http://i.imgur.com/CSIlfVl.png ).
Or for example in music, people who only use local music, they probably don't use 6 custom widgets, but they would appreciate a bigger widget or even two small widgets (for example one with featured albums and other with recent albums)...

3) Another idea is having the option to add another menu/category.
A clean category one (where you can maybe add a custom name). So people can add for example favorite shortcuts or addons in just on place for easy access.
It could be a simple screen with 10 customizable items.(Maybe even an option to add widgets but i don't see the point of more widgets because they are more specific to the rest of the already available categories).

Hope this is the right place and that you like the suggestions/ideas. And sorry if it this has been suggested before Smile
(2015-03-04, 22:21)Eddy_ac Wrote: Hi Piers, I love your skin but, I have a bug
(ver 3.50.03)

(2015-03-05, 11:21)Piers Wrote: Please provide screenshots I can see.

Edit: corrected
Edit 2 : I just update (v3.50.05) and the issue its fixed Big Grin
Skin setting -> OSD -> Display artist slideshow in music visulisation
...is not selectable.
(2015-03-05, 15:46)Doc.Ex Wrote: Hi everyone, I'm new here but have been using this skin a while now and really love it!

1080XF is not supported, please use the Xperience1080 version from the repository - same skin, different name and default textures (although both texture options are still available).

Edit: trakt integration is a dialogue, if you DON'T see text then there's an issue with your language. I'll double check but there shouldn't be a problem (I've been using it for a few weeks now and rated 60+ items in addition to 500+ for testing).

• 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xperience1080 3.5 Bug Reports & Suggestions8