Android HD audio and onkyo TX-NR828 with Android players
I have searched and could not find anything related to both items being connected in the android forum, as I am on my first use of this forum I apologise if I have created yet another HD audio thread. My problem seems to be specific to dual HDMI output onkyo AVR, I can seem to find no solution that works. except to buy another AVR!

My Setup:
Philips TV 21:9 connected to AVR with android box(s) connected to AVR using HDMI 1.4 leads. M8 box, Latest Vidon.me box and Amazon fireTv all are connected via HDMI. (was trying different boxes due to the problem I have) Kodi latest build installed on all boxes, but have tried Gotham too. ARC/CEC disabled in AVR and TV. Sony Blu-ray connected to AVR.

Problem:
All boxes work fine and play all video no problem with mine and my friends Onkyo, HD audio formats work using my friends Onkyo TX-NR626 with my Vidon.me and the M8 players using Gotham 13.2 and Kodi. My AVR plays DTS Master Audio and Dolby HD fine with my Blu-ray player. However it defaults to DTS core and Dolby HD audio tracks play with no sound and the amplifier constantly seems to have handshake negotiation active all the time with Dolby HD. So the problem is specific to android hardware. I have tried other versions including Gotham 13.2, however if I enable HD audio formats in this version I get no sound at all, however regular DTS and Dolby work fine, hence trying Kodi, As I understand it, the audio setting options are correct as it works fine with the Onkyo 626 AVR.

I am hoping that the developers can look into the handshaking and compatibility with the Dual HDMI output Onkyo.
Android does not support HD audio as standard, it requires hacks by the box manufacturers.
I agree, however the vidon.me box plays HD audio on my friends TX-NR626, just not my TX-NR828, so I was wondering if it was a handshaking issue. It might that the android hdmi driver is to blame as XBMC/Kodi is excellent.
It might handshaking, but we have nothing to do with that as Android doesn't expose that information, so it's down to individual manufacturers to implement in the device firmware.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD audio and onkyo TX-NR828 with Android players0