• 13(current)
Kodi v14.2 beta testing (includes fixes for crash problems seen in 14.0 & 14.1)
(2015-02-26, 01:51)bassquake Wrote: @jappjapp404: Check your graphics card refresh rate is set to 60Hz. I had the issue of jerky playback too.

Where do i find that setting?

Only thing i can find is that my samsung 1080p TV is set to 60hz, if i go to monitor settings, under display.
(2015-02-26, 14:51)jappjapp404 Wrote:
(2015-02-26, 01:51)bassquake Wrote: @jappjapp404: Check your graphics card refresh rate is set to 60Hz. I had the issue of jerky playback too.

Where do i find that setting?

Only thing i can find is that my samsung 1080p TV is set to 60hz, if i go to monitor settings, under display.

Then you are correctly set to 60hz. How are you playing your files (local drive / network share)? How are you connecting you your LAN (wireless)?
(2015-02-26, 16:47)Logandros Wrote: Then you are correctly set to 60hz. How are you playing your files (local drive / network share)? How are you connecting you your LAN (wireless)?

Dont matter anymore, i installed windows 8.1 x64 enterprise, now everything work again.
Hello!

I'm also posting here becouse of Kodi problems.... Currently I am using the latest build 14.2 beta 1. The sistem is win7 64 bit. Till last week everything was working fine (was using a build before 14.2 beta 1). But one day Kodi just didnt work any more. No errors no nothing, just it didn't start. It was running in the background (as a process) that was it. I even wasnt able to kill the process - had to reboot the PC. Then I updated to the 14.2 beta 1. And it started working - sort of.... When I star the program it lasts about 10 - 15 minutes till the program is actualy running in a window (process starts right away). And the in about 20 minutes to 2 hours it kills itself - but it is still running as a process that is again impossible to kill....

Can somebody help/advise me?
This is a copy of the last log file:

http://xbmclogs.com/prp6aqpad

Thank you
Confirmation of Fix

The fix for the crash seen in 14.0 and 14.1 seems to be working for me. Previously, I could not download subtitles using Yatse without Kodi crashing. As of the 14.2 beta, this is no longer a problem.
Log 1: 11 seconds

Log 2: 49 seconds

Hi, I am running Kodi 14.2-BETA1 Git:20150217-2259d0b on Windows 8.1 64 bit. (Transpanrency! 7.1.5)

I have used 14.0 and 14.1 before and beginning with 14.1 my installation often takes a long time to quit. That is, to quit Kodi and return to my Windows desktop. I just upgraded to the 14.2 Beta but the intermittent delay still exist. No other problems for me.

It is never the same delay, sometimes no persived delay, sometimes it takes a minute for Kodi to quit.

I have linked above to 2 logs, one smaller delay and one with a long delay. The times I quoted are from the "NOTICE: Stop all" to the end of the log.

Cheers and a billion thanks for your excellent work!
I'm having a recurring whole of system crash when I press stop on playback and the refresh rate changes back to 50hz. When the computer restarts from the crash, Kodi is reset to a ''first start" state.

The problem is that the crash is so severe that it doesn't leave a crash log, nor leave any information in the debug log. Problem doesn't seem to occur when I leave the "adjust display refresh rate to match video off." When this option is on, I also have the issue described by others above, with horrible stutter - which is fixed by pressing stop and start - as long as this doesn't trigger the crash!

So there appears to still be a significant issue with the refresh rate changing in the 16 Feb version. Issue never occurred with 13.x. Given the DVXA flicker issue with earlier versions of Helix, I never installed them, so can't tell you whether this issue is new across the Helix versions.

Kodi compiled Feb 16 2015 by MSVC 180030723 for Windows NT x86 32-bit version 6.0 (0x06000000)
Running on Windows 7 SP1, kernel: Windows NT x86 64-bit version 6.1
Host CPU: AMD A4-4000 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics, 2 cores available
Desktop Resolution: 1920x1080 32Bit at 50Hz
Running with administrator rights
Aero is enabled

Any hints as to how I can gather more useful information as a first step?
(2015-02-27, 18:50)Amrock64 Wrote: Log 1: 11 seconds

Hi, I am running Kodi 14.2-BETA1 Git:20150217-2259d0b on Windows 8.1 64 bit. (Transpanrency! 7.1.5)

I have used 14.0 and 14.1 before and beginning with 14.1 my installation often takes a long time to quit. That is, to quit Kodi and return to my Windows desktop. I just upgraded to the 14.2 Beta but the intermittent delay still exist. No other problems for me.

It is never the same delay, sometimes no persived delay, sometimes it takes a minute for Kodi to quit.

I have linked above to 2 logs, one smaller delay and one with a long delay. The times I quoted are from the "NOTICE: Stop all" to the end of the log.

Quote:17:42:32 T:9492 DEBUG: Thread JobWorker 9492 terminating (autodelete)
17:43:19 T:12508 INFO: CPythonInvoker(4, C:\Users\Robban\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.openweathermap.extended\default.py): script successfully run
17:43:19 T:12508 INFO: Python script stopped

Same without the openweathermap addon?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-02-28, 02:14)mitchell.ross Wrote: I'm having a recurring whole of system crash when I press stop on playback and the refresh rate changes back to 50hz. When the computer restarts from the crash, Kodi is reset to a ''first start" state.

The problem is that the crash is so severe that it doesn't leave a crash log, nor leave any information in the debug log. Problem doesn't seem to occur when I leave the "adjust display refresh rate to match video off." When this option is on, I also have the issue described by others above, with horrible stutter - which is fixed by pressing stop and start - as long as this doesn't trigger the crash!

So there appears to still be a significant issue with the refresh rate changing in the 16 Feb version. Issue never occurred with 13.x. Given the DVXA flicker issue with earlier versions of Helix, I never installed them, so can't tell you whether this issue is new across the Helix versions.

Kodi compiled Feb 16 2015 by MSVC 180030723 for Windows NT x86 32-bit version 6.0 (0x06000000)
Running on Windows 7 SP1, kernel: Windows NT x86 64-bit version 6.1
Host CPU: AMD A4-4000 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics, 2 cores available
Desktop Resolution: 1920x1080 32Bit at 50Hz
Running with administrator rights
Aero is enabled

Any hints as to how I can gather more useful information as a first step?

Can you add a GPU without the worst drivers on the world? I think that's again some AMD driver foobar when refreshrate switching is going on.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-02-28, 09:40)fritsch Wrote: Can you add a GPU without the worst drivers on the world? I think that's again some AMD driver foobar when refreshrate switching is going on.

I don't disagree, it does appear that Kodi isn't playing nice with AMD (eg. flashing issue). But refreshrate switching did work with Gotham - and I'm confused why it would cause Kodi to go back to first start if the issue was unrelated to Kodi. Next system won't be AMD based, but spending approval for new system is unlikely to be approved in the near term.

The one crashdump I've been able to recover is here.
(2015-02-28, 09:39)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-02-27, 18:50)Amrock64 Wrote: Log 1: 11 seconds

Quote:17:42:32 T:9492 DEBUG: Thread JobWorker 9492 terminating (autodelete)
17:43:19 T:12508 INFO: CPythonInvoker(4, C:\Users\Robban\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.openweathermap.extended\default.py): script successfully run
17:43:19 T:12508 INFO: Python script stopped

Same without the openweathermap addon?

After uninstallation of openweathermap addon (and a 1st slow restart where it was still runnning) it seems to have solved my problem.

Thank you fritsch!
Since it's not a daily thing that XBMC crashes i almost forgot to upload the crash i had, this is about a week old, and unlike the others this was just a random crash. Not even sure what i did.

This *.Rar contains:
xbmc_crashlog-14.2-BETA1 Git_20150213-5c1a4e8-20150226-171446.dmp
xbmc_stacktrace-14.2-BETA1 Git_20150213-5c1a4e8-20150226-171445.txt
And
Kodi.log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2c77uw2656mhl7...h.rar?dl=0
Good day!

I find a little problem with windows version KODI.
The option "System->Video->Playback->Play the next video automatically" is not work correctly with UPnP video sources.

Details:

I have a 3 types video sources in my system:
-Local video source on PC (Like c:\Video...)
-SMB video source on NAS (Like \\192.168.0.10\Video...)
-UPnP video source on Asus router (light DLNA Media Server XUPNPD installed on it)

Exists 2 type of playing video content:
1. Play one video file
2. Play list of video files
In fist case, KODI clear "current playlist" and add only one file in it. Then it play this file. In second case, KODI copy list from current pannel in "current playlist" and start playing selected file.

If option "Play the next video automatically" is false (default), left click on video file starts playback by "Play one video file" method. Metod "Play list of video files" starts by right-click-menu ("Play from here" menu item).
It work correctly on all my video sources, but if option "Play the next video automatically" is true, i have a next problem:

Left click on video file must be starts playback by "Play list of video files" method. Method "Play one video file" must be starts by right-click-menu ("Play only this" menu item).
It work correctly on local and SMB video source.
On UPnP video source method "Play one video file" always used. So i had to set "Play the next video automatically" in false and always use context menu.

PS: Unfortunately, my English isn't well...

PPS: Registered bug #15855
The keyboard function is broken.
I run Windows 8.1 x64, when search for a TV show or Movie and accidently hit the enter key on my keyboard then click Done (because nothing happens) I am put into the HQ/LQ listings then the keyboard appears, if I hit X it takes me some other screen and I have to back out of the entire thing and start over from the main screen.
Hi , I 'm on Win 10 pro technical preview & Kodi 14.2. I face a strange problem currently , whenever , I have tried to stop a file the application just gets stuck. It just doesn't respond.It doesnt respond whether I use "stop" key from my wireless keyboard or press the stop button.It just gets stuck. I didn't have this problem with the earlier version though I used that along with Win 8.1.

http://pastebin.com/px2ZZFFF

I'm using lenovo wireless keyboard . It doesn't respond event when I plug my normal keyboard or mouse.

This is the first time I have faced such an issue with Kodi.

Amd - A6 & 32 bit OS. 4 Gb Ram.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v14.2 beta testing (includes fixes for crash problems seen in 14.0 & 14.1)3