• 14(current)
Kodi v14.2 beta testing (includes fixes for crash problems seen in 14.0 & 14.1)
Let's get sane workable windows versions only reported here. Windows 10 is still not considered a stable platform
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I think, based on the level of reporting in this thread, it's quite possible the major issues with Kodi 14 are now fixed and the issues cropping up here are one offs, possibly system or configuration independent kind of thing.
Is the 16/Feb code rolled into any newer releases yet? Is there a 14.2 alpha or beta or anything (I don't know?)
This is happening since 14.x update.
Every time I play something, then pause, then go to Win (watch youtube or surf or listen music or doing something ), then when I try to open Kodi it's frozen and sometimes it will start after lets say one minute, but most of time I have to kill it as it will not respond.

http://www.xbmclogs.com/pvocodcsn

or

http://weboteka.net/kodi/xbmc_crashlog-1...212356.dmp
http://weboteka.net/kodi/xbmc_stacktrace...212355.txt
http://weboteka.net/kodi/kodi.log
Upgraded to the recent upgrade on Windows 7.. Still crashes randomly (webserver switched off) and sometimes crshes on startup in that it doesn't even start up with error - ERROR: Unable to create application Exiting.

Really frustrating - never did this on my Frodo 12.2 install
(2015-03-08, 12:28)ryankeast Wrote: Upgraded to the recent upgrade on Windows 7.. Still crashes randomly (webserver switched off) and sometimes crshes on startup in that it doesn't even start up with error - ERROR: Unable to create application Exiting.

Then where are the logs and whatever we asked for?
Crystal ball it out of order today...
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Is anyone running a aeon nox 5 with 14.2 kodi? I just had an update for the skin but it is saying dependencies not met. Wondering if its because of me running beta kodi?

Edit: It was the wrong version of the skin that got pushed out. Its now been fixed.
Reporting my findings:
Kodi 14.0 and 14.1 used to crash on exit, approximately 30%.
Webserver off .
Would also be known to crash intermittedly after exiting MAME (launched through Advanced Launcher plugin)
XBMC Gotham would crash maybe <10% on exit for me.

Installed 14.2 beta, and have not had any exit crashes thus far - only one time when playing music and ALT-F4 to quit Kodi. May have been skin/script related.
Skin used for Kodi - Aeon Nox XBMCMania edition
GPU: AMD HD7850
CPu Intel i5-3570k - 3.4GHz

Stable for me - differences between 14.2 beta and the 14.x version is now the shutdown sequence has gone from around 5 seconds to about 45 seconds. Again this may be skin related, but it will shut down gracefully.
(2015-02-28, 09:40)fritsch Wrote: Can you add a GPU without the worst drivers on the world? I think that's again some AMD driver foobar when refreshrate switching is going on.

I've bought a GT610 and stuck it in. First refresh change and the problem re-emerges. Log here - the third attempt to play a video is the one that exhibited the horrible jitter. From the on-screen display, the FPS were floating all over the place - rather than just being locked at 24.0 when the video played successfully.

For those reading this issue for the first time wondering why its posted here - it's because the issue with refresh rate changes will sometimes cause the whole PC to crash and restart automatically. It was suggested that my integrated AMD HD graphics had "the worst drivers in the world" - so I bought a new discrete video card. Problem is unchanged.

As I said in the earlier post, while I have the pdb file in place, when the whole system crashes, it doesn't record a dmp file. So this log is the best I can do for now.
(2015-03-05, 22:06)Alim Wrote: Hi , I 'm on Win 10 pro technical preview & Kodi 14.2. I face a strange problem currently , whenever , I have tried to stop a file the application just gets stuck. It just doesn't respond.It doesnt respond whether I use "stop" key from my wireless keyboard or press the stop button.It just gets stuck. I didn't have this problem with the earlier version though I used that along with Win 8.1.

http://pastebin.com/px2ZZFFF

I'm using lenovo wireless keyboard . It doesn't respond event when I plug my normal keyboard or mouse.

This is the first time I have faced such an issue with Kodi.

Amd - A6 & 32 bit OS. 4 Gb Ram.

You realize Windows 10 isn't in production yet right? The tech preview is really just a BETA version of Windows 10. You have to wait until Microsoft releases Windows 10 to the general public before you can complain that things aren't working in KODI.

Secondly Windows 10 kernel is going to be different than Windows 8.1 so there will be things that aren't compatible with KODI yet. Smile

Thanks
(2015-03-08, 12:28)ryankeast Wrote: Upgraded to the recent upgrade on Windows 7.. Still crashes randomly (webserver switched off) and sometimes crshes on startup in that it doesn't even start up with error - ERROR: Unable to create application Exiting.

Did you ever figure this out? I haven't been able to get any version of 14.x working, though Frodo 12.3 is rock stable. (Gotham gives lip sync issues with some videos).

Because my sympton is slightly different (entire PC crashing, versus just the application), the powers that be have just assumed it is something with my system and don't seem willing to help even when logs are provided (though crashdumps aren't available because the whole PC is crashing). Nothing else crashes the PC, just Kodi!
HELLO!

I'm not trying to stir trouble but is this thread still required?
I thought this thread was specifically made for the weird Windows crash bug in 14.0/14.1 which (appears) to be fixed.

Is this now just a general fault for 14.x thread?
Finally, the 'special Windows fix' - that is in this build from 16/Feb - is that now rolled into other builds?
Can we upgrade to this for example
https://twitter.com/KodiTV/status/576105506776965120 <- <- "14.2 rc1" and be sure the special fix is included?

EDIT:
Apologies, I think it is fixed and rolled in?
"Finally, the bug that haunted us in the 14.0 and 14.1 release has been solved. Windows should be stable again and perform as it should."
I'll try this new RC - thank you.

EDIT2:

I've followed the twitter link to this page
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=218329
It says for Windows builds come to this thread here that you're looking at?
The only build in here is 16/Feb - is that now being called 14.2 RC1?

Sorry I'm a bit confused.
This is RC1. It was compiled/uploaded on March 11th.

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/win32/k...ix_rc1.exe
I see you've fixed up the other thread, thanks Ned, I'll scope it out.
I'm having several issues with 14.1 & 14.2. I'm running Windows 7 on an Intel NUC.

1) Live TV playback using either MythTV PVR add-on or connecting to HDHomerun directly plays flickering video. I logged a ticket in the bug tracker: #15857
2) Excessively long shutdown times for Kodi to quit. This problem is very weird in that if I have debugging turned on, it shuts down immediately, but if debugging is turned off it takes forever to quit.
3) Kodi seems to have issues with my Yamaha A3040 receiver... complains a lot in the logs about it.
4) 14.1 crashed a lot for me. I don't have much time on 14.2RC1 yet, but so far it has crashed less.
5) Channel info does not disappear after 5 seconds when changing channels in the PVR. I verified this setting is on in settings, but after changing a channel you must press escape to hide it.
6) PVR Rewind is very choppy, but fast forward is smooth. I checked this using the myth frontend and it works as expected.

Here is a link to my latest log file: http://goo.gl/kiVXaW

If there is anymore information needed please let me know. Should I log each one of these?
Similar issues as above. Running windows 8.1 on Intel Nuc.

Never had a problem with 14.0, updated to latest 14.2 and now kodi stops responding everytime I try and shut down or reboot.

The only time I have successfully shutdown since updating to 14.2 was when I had the debugging enabled.

Tried to upload a crash log but the script failed on that.

Everything else works as normal and I haven't experienced any other crashing instances.

Edit: I tried going back to 14.0 and 14.1 and have the same problem when trying to exit/reboot/power off system, still freezes. Going to have to figure out if anything else on my system changed arpund this time.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v14.2 beta testing (includes fixes for crash problems seen in 14.0 & 14.1)3