Solved Mythtv Connection lost
I am having connection issues when trying to play some recordings.

I have rebuit my Mythtv server for the last few days, I believe I have completed the rebuild but this is the last issue I have.

I could say I have 2 types of recording at this time: old ones and new ones. The new ones are those recorded since my new backend has start recording. The old ones are shows recorded with my old backend.

I currently believe my issue is with my Kodi frontend. I have installed a Mythtv Frontend on my server and I am able to see both old and new recordings. I am able to listen to live TV from my Kodu frontend and I am able to listen to my new recordings.

My problem reside with listening to old recordings on my Kodi frontend. When doing so, I get a "Mythtv Connection lost" error message with a white X in a red circle.

Anyone who could point to a possible cause for that. The /var/log is practically empty. If a log exist elsewhere I could provide it given I know where to look for it.

thanks,
debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I activated to debug mode and I also activated the specific cmyth log.

I removed a bunch of cache file yesterday thinking it may be due to residual information pertaining to my old server. This gives a lot of log entries of that type

Code:
09:07:13 T:139669333317376   ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: (CPPMyth)WSResponse: bad request (404)
09:07:13 T:139669333317376   ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: (CPPMyth)GetPreviewImage1_32: invalid response
09:07:13 T:139669333317376   ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: Process: Failed to read file: type: 1, local: /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/pvr.mythtv/cache/thumbnail/1021_1347325200_000
09:07:13 T:139669333317376   DEBUG: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: Process: Delayed recache file: type: 1, local: /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/pvr.mythtv/cache/thumbnail/1021_1347325200_000

I removed them as their was so many the log file had 2000+ lines

Also, interface wise, what I did was:
-wait until the recordings and the channel load
-Go to the recordings
-select default (as oppose to live TV)
-select a show
- go down enough that I am in the old ones
- select a recording to listen and get the error message.
- I reselect the same recording to get the error again.

I then picked up the log and wrote that post.

I checked the log and this section is where I select the recording and get the error. Seems the problem comes from CPPMyth. I tried to take the portion of the log regarding the actions that lead to the error (log is too long to go in the post)
I am not even going to try reading that log on the forum. Please remove it and post to pastebin or xbmclogs.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Here

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=404422
Did you change the hostname of your backend server when you rebuilt it?
Is it case sensitive?

Beside, I always called the Mythtv Backend through its IP address and it was always driven by the mac address through the router.

I have to say I found it funny that in the log it was calling TV-Server, which is the name of the Server (hostname) rather than 192.168.1.111, which is the IP address define in the the configuration of the MythTV PVR plugin.

Would there be some config file I could look in to fix that?
I did a fresh re-install of my frontend but it change nothing.

I also check for a difference between now and then in terms of hostname and there was a small one

before: TV-server
now: TV-Server

I changed it to what it was and will check if it make any difference.
You said in post 1 that "I have rebuit my Mythtv server for the last few days".

If you changed the hostname you possibly hosed the database. The myth database records the hostname of the backend which recorded the programme. When it goes to serve up the recorded programme to a frontend, it uses that hostname.

If you changed it when you "rebuilt my Mythtv server" - this could be your problem.

However a change from TV-server to TV-Server should not matter to hostname resolution because case shouldn't matter to hostname resolution, perhaps it makes a difference within the mythtv database though.
I use the same hostname since I built that server and that little difference do have an impact...

I reverted to the old hostname, by changing the values in the mythconverg database, in the table "recorded", for all the new recordings (those with the new hostname).
I changed the hostname of ther server and the association of the hostname and local address in the hosts file.
Rebooted and voila.

Thanks for pointing to that little details. Although I had seen the error for the host, I was convince it had no impact since
1) I was sure I used the same one,
2) the configuration of the Kodi frontend was pointing to IP address and not hostname and,
3) it was working for the mythtv frontend, on the sane machine as the backend.

But your comment got me thinking and I realize the Mythtv frontend might have been calling localhost and not TV-Server, hence it was working despite the mismatch...

Oh, and I had to also change the hostname value in the capturecard table of the database, just in case someone has to fix that as well.
Glad it is fixed!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mythtv Connection lost0