Remote no longer works properly
Upgrading appeared to work well at first but big problems turned up.

After leaving Kodi running but not in use (after I turned the TV off for the night, for example), when I go back in the screen I left it at is still up but I cannot use the remote any longer. The ONLY way to get it back is to use the mouse first, then the remote sort-of works again for a while, then stops after a few minutes, again requiring either a mouse input or exiting the program with a keyboard. This is a full-on show stopper since I need to keep the keyboard and mouse locked up and run this 100% off the remote.

The PC is running Win7 Professional/64 bit, 16GB of RAM. The machine is a dedicated HTPC and only runs a few utilities (like TeamViewer, CCleaner, etc) plus Media Center Master and the FLIRC dongle for my remote control. Like I said, without full remote control the system is currently unusable for the family.

Additionally, the AMBER skin is broken in Kodi, and that's the only one my family is comfortable using. Regular program crashes if I try to use it with Kodi.

What Helix DID fix was the jerky playback I was getting after Gotham was running for more than an hour. So I would very much like to stick with Helix, but without a working remote I'm dead in the water! I'd be comfortable paying a significant sum to have this fixed by someone who knows what they're doing. Any help greatly appreciated. I think ideally I'd like to roll back to Gotham and fix the jerky playback, but I suspect that can't happen.
The reason your remote is not working is that some other applications are stealing focus from kodi sending kod to background. The remote works only with the currently active window. You can try my xbmc/kodilauncher to keep kodi always in focus.
I have had XBMC Launcher installed since I put Gotham on my system last summer. It has a 20 second delay before it steals focus back. It was working fine under Gotham but not under Helix.
you probably have to install the helix version. go look under the supplemental tools forum
(2015-01-26, 19:13)DXer Wrote: I have had XBMC Launcher installed since I put Gotham on my system last summer. It has a 20 second delay before it steals focus back. It was working fine under Gotham but not under Helix.

Download KodiLauncher for Helix.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote no longer works properly0