Extract thumbnails from files located in NFS shared folders not working
Using latest stable 5.0.0, no thumbs are being extracted (NFS shared folders).
Checkbox is enabled but <enablethumb> setting remains set to false.
I can't see any mention of ffmpeg in logs :/

Any idea? It was working perfectly using 4.2.1.

Thank you.
I've had a look at this. It is working fine in Milhouse nightly builds, but wasn't working on Helix stable.
I've added a commit to helix_rbp_backports tree which should fix it (when next helix build is updated).
Perfect! Good to hear, as this was driving me crazy Wink
You do realise that extracting thumbnails is NOT recommended on the RPi as it slows down Library navigation to much particularly as a media library grows in size.

You're right. But I used to enable this feature with release 4.2.1 and nobody was hurt during past months Wink
Using RPi 2 now and still not available in stable 5.0.3 :/
RPi 1 + 4.2.1 ok, RPi 2 + 5.0.3 nok. Weird..
(2015-02-13, 00:38)sebastien4 Wrote: Using RPi 2 now and still not available in stable 5.0.3 :/
RPi 1 + 4.2.1 ok, RPi 2 + 5.0.3 nok. Weird..

Are you saying the menu options are not available, or the options are there but enabling them didn't help?

What do you see in video/file lists settings? Make sure settings level is set to expert.
You should see "Extract video information from files" and "Extract thumbnails from files". Enable both.
You were right. Need to be in expert level now to see both options.
Thank you!
RPi2 - I'm not seeing these options for extracting thumbnails (in expoert mode). running on osmc. even after manual change of the options in guisettings.xml these options revert back to false... I really don't know what to do to have video thumbnails. Some special command to extract all of them in idle time would be also fine... Thanks for tips...
OSMC is still in the testing phase, you will get quicker and more detailed help on their forums if the above steps are not working.

https://discourse.osmc.tv

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extract thumbnails from files located in NFS shared folders not working0