Linux Start Kodi from command line with user and password
Hi, I tried to search for a thread, but could not find. I have Kodi 14.0 on Ubuntu 14.04 and I have set up a snippet in my JuiceSSH on Android. This snippet runs:
Code:
export DISPLAY=:0 && /usr/bin/kodi &

So I can open Kodi just by sitting on my couch and clicking on my Android. We have two users on Kodi, one for us parents and one for our daughter. Our account asks for a password, naturally. What I would like to do is to have this command open Kodi on our username and enter the password. Is this possible? Could it be something like:

Code:
/usr/bin/kodi -u Parents -p Password10

At the moment Kodi starts, but then I have to use a remote access, such as Home Remote Control or VNC to select the user and enter the password before I can use Yatse as Kodi remote. Would like that when I click from my Android device, parent's user starts automatically.

"man kodi" shows option -p is portable and -u is not used. Does it even have other options than on the man page?

If there is a possibility, I could also make a desktop shortcut for our daughter that opens her non-password protected account directly.
If this function does not exist I would like to see it in the future versions.

edit: And if this is by any chance possible, is there a way to somehow hide the password even on my Android? I am not fond of unencrypted passwords saved on files/snippets/scripts, even if it is just Kodi and no "outsider" would have any use for that password. It's just good practice to always hide passwords. If not, no biggie.
There's no place like ~

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Start Kodi from command line with user and password0