Just wanna say thanks!
I know money speaks louder than thank you's but just wanted to say how grateful I am for kodi on iOS.

I bought a iPad about a few months ago and one of my goals was to watch/stream my personal home videos and photos (recorded on my phone and camcorder) on the iPad. We all know 'the ideal'; A tablet which you can get in touch with old memories using, Apple's 'moments' so they put it. Should be doable in a family-friendly Apple would right?

So i set up itunes (reluctantly, Windows 7), and added all 23k songs, hundreds of photos, and hundreds of home videos (mp4). Enable HomeSharing, go to the iPad, tap the Music app, or Photos app and tap HomeSharing. The clockwise rotating circle attempts to fill up, illustrating that's it's connecting, but never manages to complete. Turns out, as good as Apple is, apparently the itunes xml file which the app parses when connecting to the HomeSharing library is too big to handle.... yeah.... All 40MB of it :-P

Wait to go Apple for failing so spectacularly worth such a minimal task.

Cue the awesome, reliable and time- tested Kodi, set up a few SMB shares in Windows and I'm browsing the media in seconds. So I applaud all you developers for making it possible on jailbroken devices. I don't know where I'd be without it in this situation.

I've tried other apps I the app store such as Infuse, Plex,VLC, AirVideoHD, you name it I've tried it. They all have problems with throughput over my network. None of them have been as efficient as kodi. Don't know whether SMB is just more efficient for media streaming than uPnP (a popular protocol for things like Infuse, Plex on the app store) but for example a 20GB MKV which would take 30 seconds to start using Infuse, will come up within 15 using Kodi.

Aahh, anyway I know this is just one of the many great features in Kodi so I won't go on like it's a breakthrough technology, neither do I want this to sound like just an Apple rant, so I'll just conclude by saying thanks.
Ok cool Smile - much appreciated Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Just wanna say thanks!0