- Foreign Movies
Movie 1
- Downloaded Movies
Movie 1
Movie 2
- Ripped Movies
Movie 1

etc

So when I set content I tell XBMC that the "Movies" folder is my folder which contains movies. Then I select "scan recursively" so that it digs deeper into the sub folders and scan the Movies within.

Till today I only had English Movies, Foreign Movies, and Downloaded Movies. So all was fine. Since today when I added the Ripped Movies folder it is treating the folder name as that of a movie and now if I have 4 entries called "The Ripped Movie" or something of the sort in my movie library.

Is there any way to avoid this behaviour? I do not want to add all 4 folders separately. Please advise.
Uncheck the option that says something like "movies are in folders named after the movie".
Is there any other way? Because with that setting turned on it's very easy to browse through a large folder of movies in file view and see which movies are scanned and which aren't just by looking at the folders - the ones that are successfully scanned will have stars. On the other hand, if I uncehck the option the only way to tell if a movie is scanned is by going into each individual folder and the seeing if the movie file inside the folder is starred.
The issue is that any sub-folder that matches a movie name might get treated as a movie. For finding missing movies, I would use the Missing Movies add-on.
(2015-01-27, 12:17)extremeaudio Wrote: Is there any other way?

Maybe rename "Ripped Movies" to something unrecognizable?
You said you don't want to add all 4 folders but what's the problem with that?
A single entry in the movie sources list can contain multiple source paths so you can add all those 4 paths to a single entry called "movies".
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Library Scanning Logic0