Android Which Android Box can support HD audio passthrough?
(2015-02-07, 21:48)BORIStheBLADE Wrote:
(2015-02-07, 16:06)herhelman Wrote: Eweat EW902 has HD audio passthrough, all HD audio formats, perfect video playback ( not smooth 4K yet) but with it´s own player.

I been using this box for a month with 100% stability, using buffalo NAS.

I have not finish my cat5e cabling so i using ew902 over wifi for most sub 4gb mkvs (720p and 1080p) and i run an ugly, 0% WAF ethernet cable over the floor when i see my blu ray rips, also my 15 months old mini-guy loves to find the consequences to tear from both ends of the cable!!

3d is working perfect ( full bd 3d frame packed) with HD audio, even DOLBY ATMOS transformers, BUT NOT KODI, zero hardware support on kodi.

Eweat support is excellent ( but they cannot solve the problems with kodi) but at least they respond my mails in 24hs... they telling me that the problem with kodi and realtek will solved in march.... also ZAPITTI is planed to release in late february ( or march...) so, Im waiting for mid march to see if the realtek 1195 will be a winner or will go to sell on my local ebay ( im from Argentina, South América)

BTW, bdmv still NOT supported , BD ISO and 3D BD ISO plays the main movie.

hope this post helps....

What is bdmv?

Thanks

Sorry, the Blu ray menus. The player support DVD menus, but not blu ray ones
So, this thread has stopped in time...

Any more boxes, that support Kodi and passthrough of HD Audio Codecs?!?
PC version can do these perfectly... I need kodi, because of trakt.
Living Room: TV LG OLED55C9PLA, Onkyo TX-NR808, Xbox One S, Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), PS3, Wii, Cambridge Audio Azur 640C, Wharfedale Diamond 9.4 / 9 CS / 9.1, Sub BK Gemini, Logitech 650 Remote
I believe VidOn have a XBMC version for HD Audio on the AMlogic MINIX NEO X-8H Plus
$15 per year for the privilege and its still a WIP for certain AVR's.

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/vidon-xbmc.5266/

A shame... think I'm going to use my laptop until someone releases a box that have this feature out of the box...
Living Room: TV LG OLED55C9PLA, Onkyo TX-NR808, Xbox One S, Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), PS3, Wii, Cambridge Audio Azur 640C, Wharfedale Diamond 9.4 / 9 CS / 9.1, Sub BK Gemini, Logitech 650 Remote
(2015-07-28, 12:35)onesolo Wrote: A shame... think I'm going to use my laptop until someone releases a box that have this feature out of the box...

Chromebox supports HD Audio with OpenElec.
Raspberry Pi 2 supports HD Audio decoded losslessly (unless you have Dolby Atmos or DTS:X facilities) to PCM multichannel, apart from the couple of 192kHz 5.1/7.1 Blu-ray releases (there are very, very few of these. Probably less than 10?)

Neither are Android.
I searched a while for "Android box true hd" an/or "Android box atmos" and this thread is among the top results besides massive adverts and obsolte other things.

Wouldn't it be a great idea to assemble a complete list in this thread ?

I checked out Amazon Fire TV stick (which I use yet in my bedroom) and Bqeel M9X pro, which both don't support whether TrueHD nor Atmos.
As Atmos is encapsulated in the streams metadata, it is most likely tha Atmos functions also when TrueHD 7.1 is supported.

So, please just Keep on posting devices that you testet and work.

I don't know if it's posted here yet, but Himedia 5 and Nvidia Shield should work perfectly, but I am looking for something about 50bucks ($ or €).
Still I am using my old Xtreamer SideWinder MKI, which is a Little bit old and slow, but CAN passthrough nearly ALL Sound Formats. It hassles with
Dolby Plus 7.1, but all others do work, inluding FLAC and OGG.

Why is there so few new Androids with TrueHD 7.1 passthrough ?
Is it a Hardware issue of the Chipset and because they were originally develloped for smart phones ?

An alternative would be an small HTPC a la Intel NUC, but not all NUCs Support TrueHD 7.1.
Too many boxes to list... there are plenty of Android boxes that do HD audio passthrough. Why not start here?

For "50bucks", your options will be limited, at least decent, reliable (well-supported) options. Probably a AMLogic S905 (not S905X nor S912) running LibreELEC (not Android).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which Android Box can support HD audio passthrough?0