Use VLC Player within XBMC to play movies
I've spent alot of time trying to find out how to do this, the most I've managed to find was to change the playercorefactory file..I wasn't able to open it as a regular XML spreadsheet file or edit it aside from when I tried opening it in notepad...so I copied & pasted what was supposedly needed to change it to use VLC Player, but it wouldn't let me save it...said I didn't have permission....Excuse my ignorance as I'm not experienced with doing things like this & Windows 8 more than any other version seems to really be giving me a hard time as far as changing/accessing things on my own PC.

If anybody can walk me through all the steps needed to make VLC my default player in XBMC I'd really appreciate it

Thanks,
Steve
And why would you want that? Is our player not good enough?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I love the program & interface, but I've had problems on a couple occasions with playback of movies & sorry I just trust VLC player more & don't want to spend all kinds of time playing around & experimenting with setting in XBMC hoping to improve playback. I don't ever remember having issues with VLC for any video file whatsoever
I don't remember kodi having problems with any video file what so ever. We use the same playback library so there should be no difference.
Sticking with default player is way easier and saves you a lot of headache and when you find one that doesn't work you should report it so it's fixed
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Use VLC Player within XBMC to play movies0