video does not fill screen
XBMC and now Kodi, display the UI fine on my projector, but as soon as I start a video, it reduces the display size by a significant amount so that there is dead space between the sides of the video and the side of the screen. I have tried messing with all of the KODI settings and the AMD catalyst settings without any luck. Anyone have any ideas?
Is this just on the projector, or do you see this on a TV or computer monitor as well?
I usually use my HTPC keyboard keys to maximize the Kodi window to view full screen. You have to press the " \ " button on your keyboard, which is usually above the "enter" button but may vary depending on the keyboard style.

P
It is the same on the TV and the projector. I'm running the HDMI through a Pioneer Amp. When I start playing a video, the screen resizes to the reduced dimensions. I have tried a video calibration, but the corners just disappear.
Peterrudy,

I tried the "\" which changes the display to a window which fills the screen, but has the frame of the window is now visible. Any other ideas?

Thanks!
I am having the same problem and have had since XBMC 12, it is on a Panasinic Viera TV, however when I play from NetfliXBMC the play back fills the enrire screen.

The Menu fills the entire screen but any video played has an 18mm black border on all 4 sides.

Currently running on Kodi 15 alpha

Thanks
What is your zoom and/or pixel ratio set @?
Should be 1

Play a file, press "M">go to video settings> move the zoom/ratio more or less
Zoom is at one and if I increase it the zoom changes but the blank border stays the same. (Had already found and tried this).

I have also done video calibration while a video is playing and my corner indicators are all the way out to the corners enough that the indicator ar just visible.

Keep making suggestions I'm sure I haven't tried everything yet.

Thanks
Catalystoz
If calibration is all correct then I'd look at scaling options in catalyst manager for each refresh rate?
Yep AMD is crap for this, every possible refresh rate has to be chosen and individually calibrated

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
video does not fill screen0