Having a nightmare
I've got a Pi model B+, wifi dongle and 64Gb Samsung Class 10 sdxc card (listed as compatible in the wiki) and I can install Openelec and get Kodie running, but whenever I set it all up as I want it and reboot it more often than not I get the Openelec boot screen and then a black screen. It's powered by one of my Samsungs USB ports.

I've reformatted the card and reinstalled five times now.

When this happens it doesn't connect to the network and I can't FTP in, it seems dead.

Is this a sign of SD card corruption? I've tried with a Vita USB power supply and this doesn't help.
It does sound like power issues. Your TV port is not up to snuff, it's probably only delivering 500mA at most. What is the spec of this Vita USB power supply? Try and use a power supply that delivers a genuine 1Amp, preferably 2Amp. Also use a decent USB power cable (not too thin - cheap cables cause voltage drops).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I always go for the tablet chargers that come with a fixed non-detachable charging cable.
1) Tablet charger because they are usually rated at higher current
2) fixed cable because then you get a good lo-res charge cable (only +5V and GND needed in the cable).

Before I had big troubles with the power supply and it showed up very strangely on the Pi too. In my case all looked OK except the network (wired Ethernet) did not come up when XBMC was running. The Pi draws more power then and the voltage drop increases which kills the Ethernet subsystem....
Bo Berglund
Sweden
The Vita power supply is 1.5a.
But is the cable any good?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yeah, it's a thick cable. I'm trying it with another SD card now
Either the power supply or the cable can still be faulty.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-01-28, 05:09)nickr Wrote: Either the power supply or the cable can still be faulty.

^^^This..

Having measured the output of some of these so called 5v 2a PSUs they are often far from it. Add an incompatible lead and it won't work properly. After having many odd power related issues I now opt for a quality PSU and quality lead. The ones provided with Samsung tablets and phones are very good quality
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
+1
Bo Berglund
Sweden
I am now using a 32Gb Lexar Class 10 SDHC and have had no issues since. I can only assume this Samsung SDXC I have (from Amazon) is of questionable quality (I should test it but it takes hours!).

So I'm using Amber skin with Openelec, does anyone know where I go to find the Openelec settings screen which would usually be under System > Openelec in Confluence?
In the "Programs" menu.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Of course!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Having a nightmare0