Kodi stickers!
I think we've had this thread before, but I'm lazy and am starting a new one.

We want to do Kodi stickers. What kind of stickers would you guys be interested in?

I'm thinking at least two main types:

One small-ish one so that people could slap a Kodi logo on the front of their HTPCs. Some HTPCs are really small, so maybe 1 inch tall would be a good compromise?

Another bigger one that people can slap onto their laptops, cars, whatever. What size would be good for such general use? 2x2? 3x3?

Just the "k" logo or K + KODI?

Totally transparent or white background?

What other ideas do you guys have? What would you like to have?

EDIT: I'm thinking of going through stickergiant.com, but feel free to suggest other services/sites if you have any info on them!
I think the small one would be good with just the "k", and then the larger with K + KODI. When are you planning on selling?
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
A bunch of us from Team Kodi will be at SCaLE (Southern California Linux Expo) on the weekend of February 19th. I'd like to get a bunch made by then so we have some to hand out.

In addition to that, since we couldn't find a reasonable price for selling stickers on-demand, I've volunteered to send out stickers to people who want them. They're stickers, so sending an envelope, even internationally, is pretty dang cheap. We don't even care if we make any money on it, as long as it covers the cost of the stickers and people have cool stickers to use, then we're happy.
Oh, and what are people's thoughts on the transparency of the stickers? We can get clear ones made so that you see through the logo, but should there be a white background for darker surfaces?

Totally transparent: http://kodi.wiki/view/File:Thumbnail-sym...parent.png

White background: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/xbmc/[email protected]
White background, for sure. Even as most htpcs and boxes are black-ish, just the blue without a background wouldn't stand out IMO.

Put me down for one of each! Or even a few of the smaller ones for multiple boxes here at the house!
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I'd love some too..how cannwe get some?
I'd love to give you some, but right now they don't exist yet. This thread is to get feedback on what the stickers should be/look like/etc, and then we can order a big bulk of them. Then we'll probably set up some kind of paypal thing.
Oops, sorry. I blame the homebrew. These'll go well with my T-shirts. Here's a suggestion. There are some plastics that allow you to stick to a surface and easily remove at anytime. I'd hate to lose a sticker because I'm changing my box or whatnot.
Stickermule is currently having a sale, I don't know the quantity you are looking for but I've ordered the die cuts before and they are very nice and to a certain extent are reusable if you are careful.

$29 for 50

Also, I like the simple logo with the transparent background, I prefer the stickers to blend with the background.
I want a very small "raised epoxy resin" sticker with the Kodi logo for my HTPC, also known as "3D" stickers, or clear epoxy stickers

http://www.alibaba.com/raised-oval-epoxy...otion.html

Examples

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/br...13138.html
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/1C...07890.html
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Ov...51887.html

Would also be very cool if it could have a metallic silver reflecting background instead of a simple white background behind the logo.
Will they be animated?
There's evidently a case for both transparent and white background - I'd probably lean towards the latter if it was a choice of just one, but would be happy with either.

Logo only, particularly if you're trying to strengthen the graphic identity of Kodi - it's also more likely to be a sticker that you'd use IMO. The best branding only needs the logo.

Size: 5cm square sounds about right (2x2) - I don't personally see so much use for a big one (7.5cm + ), but I suppose you could offer some if it's only a marginal cost to produce them (I doubt they're much more once you have a production run of smaller ones lined up). If you want larger, then maybe K + Kodi (as an explanation) in landscape works better then, though I've no idea what you'd stick it to beyond the back of a pickup in Alabama.

Re: shipping - you could ship a batch of them to somewhere like the Netherlands (even pre-packaged and pre-addressed) and then ship out from there to European countries for next to nothing (especially given $:€ rates...), and I'm sure there are equivalent hubs in AP and C/LA. Payments to Ned Scott Enterprises @ PayPal would be fine, certainly for shipping - whether the stickers are a marketing cost to the Foundation or whether you'd want to charge for (a portion of) those is your call, but the total cost has to be a consideration (versus the slavering desire we all have to have all things Kodi-like, of course).
If you could make one the dimensions of hte top of an intel NUC I'd love one, and I'm sure others would as well Smile
(2015-01-28, 12:06)Hedda Wrote: I want a very small "raised epoxy resin" sticker with the Kodi logo for my HTPC, also known as "3D" stickers, or clear epoxy stickers

(2015-01-28, 14:17)xceph Wrote: If you could make one the dimensions of hte top of an intel NUC I'd love one, and I'm sure others would as well Smile

I'm thinking the first batch or two that we order will be more basic, but once those are under way then I'd love to go wild and pretty much do all of these ideas on some level. The first stickers will build up our "sticker fund" for the experimental runs, or something like that.
I have a Corsair sticker on one of my PCs - the same size as that would work as it's pretty standard. Will find a tape measure!
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi stickers!2