Kodi crashes after long periods of being paused.
My tuner got stolen by WMC during the night, but when I unpaused the livetv in the morning it played fine for a few seconds then ended without incident. This morning I paused live tv for over and hour and it resumed just fine, skipping doesn't generate any "funny" log messages like skipping around in recorded tv files does for me. That was running build 312.
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
I had OpenELEC on a Revo 3700 (x64) crash on me while paused - I was making a cup of coffee but had left an episode of Elementary paused for several minutes, and when I came back it was obvious Kodi had restarted.

The crash log is here, unfortunately debug wasn't enabled at the time: http://sprunge.us/cfKF

It seems to be JSON/web server related, which is weird. I've tried to reproduce, but failed. Maybe the crash is pause related, maybe it's not (could just be a coincidence).

This is a custom build, using mostly the same newclock4 patches that I use in the RPi builds (without the RPi Linux patches).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Don't know if it's related, but the same started happening to me all of a sudden on Windows 10, around a year / year and a half ago (so the time of the OP matches). I haven't changed any Kodi config, it started happening immediately every single time after one of the major updates.

I'm using always the latest official Kodi version, no betas, and the only plugins I have installed manually are: YouTube, Trakt, and Jumpback Unpause.

I suspect the default preinstalled Kodi screensaver plugin is responsible for this but I would need to test that first.
Applogies for resurrecting an ancient topic.

I had, or still maybe have, the ame issue.

I created a file called advancedsettings.xml in the userdata folder of kodi, and patsted example four of this howto:  
After 10 hours of pause it still resumes playing.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/17047

In this case it was nat-related

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crashes after long periods of being paused.0