xbmc streams stop & return to menu
Hi again all,

First I want to point out that I am a total noob at xbmc etc. I look around the forums before posting so I apologize if this has been answered or covered before.

I am running xbmc Gotham on MyGica ATV1200 Android TV with a wired cable modem connection at 40Mbps. The last couple of days I've experienced streaming issues in which the video stream stops and returns to the menu. It has done this with every video I have played regardless of which add-on I use. The videos seem to stop randomly and is happening every 5-15 minutes on average.

I have checked the forums and many people who experience this indicate it is a network issue solved by re-booting their modem. I have tried this several times but have not experienced any change in the behaviour of the add ons and streams. This behaviour does NOT occur when running a non-xbmc app such as Netflix.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this and how it can be solved. I really don't want to do a hard reset and re-install of xbmc and the add ons as I just got everything working the way I wanted it to before this issue arose seemingly randomly. As I said, I'm a bit of a noob at this stuff so coding and such is pretty foreign to me, so any help to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.
Maybe this helps:

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache
Thanks for the reply enene92. I looked into it but am totally lost with that stuff. I know it is basic html but I don't really want to mess with it because I don't really know what changing those settings would do and how my system would react. Have you tried this and if so, how did it work for you?
Not going to say it is solved yet, but I think the issue may have been a 0 Cache problem. I got some assistance in another Forum and was advised to delete the advanced .xml file I had enabled. This seems to be doing the trick for now but will keep testing just to be sure

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc streams stop & return to menu0