Clean video library takes much longer
... than it used to. Over an hour last night.

It used to run in a minute or so with not all that much less content (around a tb). I don't know if this is Kodi or just some funkiness crept into my library.

I suppose I should export the library, delete it and bring it back in.

But I wanted to point out that cleaning the library does not prevent Windows 7 from sleeping, which seems like a very bad mix.
That's odd, I've found cleaning the library going from 20 minutes down to less than one minute. I'm using the 14.1 alpha/beta.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products

Maybe a coincidence with me moving to Kodi, dunno.
I am facing the same issue with kodi 14.0 on mac osx.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=215408
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
So I guess nothing was sorted out for this in the main release 14.2...
I have a massive collection of anime rips from my physical collection and I had to revert to going back to gotham so I could add all the series in then upgrading afterwards. Now I'm trying to do a clean of the database whilst 14.2 is installed and it's taken about 30 minutes to get to 9%.
It's only my video library, as my music library of about 32GB is extremely fast to clean and update.
My databases and files are stored on a QNAP NAS. The database is MySQL.
I eventually did a clean install, and now cleaning the databases is speedy again (now on 14.2 final). Thinking that some sorta corruption or incompatibility snuck in there. Had at least 4 years of up-time, no too shabby. Wasn't doing external MySQL though.
OK, once this cleanup is done(hopefully by the end of the day Tongue), I'll backup and delete the video database and backup my thumbs and thumbsdb too. Then I'll redo the library from scratch and see how I go. Worst case scenario is I just restore my MySQL db.
A pointless update but it might give you an idea of how bad this is... It's now at 25%, 3 hours after I started the cleanup...
OK, think I've noticed something odd. I deleted the database and rescanned in my anime tv series(which was about 9000 episodes) and then did a test clean etc. and it was lightning fast. I then attempted to add my anime movies to the library and it takes about 30 minutes to scan a folder with about 60 movies in it. Quite odd.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clean video library takes much longer0