Kiosk mode library update
Hi all,

I have kiosk mode enabled to stop people who can use Kodi, but aren't too familiar with the UI, changing things via the sidebar menu. Living in a big shared house means a whole lot of different people use it, but very few are truly familiar with it.

What I can't figure out is how to trigger a library update when in kiosk mode, because it's located in the side menu. I can scan individual TV shows for new content, suggesting the intention behind the design isn't to lock scanning for new episodes and movies away from the user, but I can't trigger it for movies.

Any ideas of a workaround?
(2015-01-29, 06:29)iammattsanders Wrote: Hi all,

I have kiosk mode enabled to stop people who can use Kodi, but aren't too familiar with the UI, changing things via the sidebar menu. Living in a big shared house means a whole lot of different people use it, but very few are truly familiar with it.

What I can't figure out is how to trigger a library update when in kiosk mode, because it's located in the side menu. I can scan individual TV shows for new content, suggesting the intention behind the design isn't to lock scanning for new episodes and movies away from the user, but I can't trigger it for movies.

Any ideas of a workaround?

You could add the 'Update video library' command to a submenu of your choice.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kiosk mode library update0