Can't get Yatse remote to work/event server issue after upgrade to kodi
I just upgraded my system to Kodi and now can't get Yatse to work on my phone anymore. It keeps saying it can't connect to the event server. If i run 'netstat -a|grep 9777' I get two results that would lead me to believe that the event server is running. However, if I run a UDP scan on the server with nmap, it doesn't show that 9777 is open. This all worked fine before I upgraded. Anyone know anything that I could check to help debug this further? FYI, the UDP scan shows ports 1900 and 5353 open for upnp and zeroconf respectively.
The number of things wrong with Kodi is ridiculous. If it does't work with Yatse then that's the final straw. I'm coming Mr Frodo.
Your post is ridiculous, without providing any evidence, without having read the "Read this before posting", no logfiles, nothing. Have fun on Frodo.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Smile 
have no problems with Kodi & Yatse (smartphones, tablets) - just work like a charm, best combo ever Big Grin
AS Rock Beebox * Kodi 17.0-RC2 * Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Yatse is running fine for me with kodi too.
It might be a stupid question but did you enable everything in the kodi config for yatse to work properly ?
http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projec...XbmcConfig
I have enabled everything in the kodi config for yatse, but it's still a no go. I recently setup a Raspberry Pi with kodi and yatse and that seems to work fine so far. I also downloaded another remote (Kore) that isn't as feature rich as Yatse, but it was able to work with the system that Yatse does not work with. Also attempted to get my tablet to work with kodi and yatse and it seems to have the same problem. I'll keep digging on this and hopefully will find something over the weekend.

Thanks for the replies
Are you sure you aren't running some firewall on your kodi system?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-02-01, 01:58)nickr Wrote: Are you sure you aren't running some firewall on your kodi system?

I don't ever remember installing one and I can't seem to find one running at all.

Code:
sudo iptables -L
[sudo] password for xbmc:
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target     prot opt source               destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
My Yatse event server connection drops when streaming a radio station on Kodi.
Would that help us getting closer to the solution?
So I started up a python shell and attempted to listen on UDP port 9777. It threw an exception stating that the address was already in use. I was able to start it up on another port, but not on the event server port which tells me that the event server is running.

Next I attempted to create an iptables rule to allow port 9777 in the hopes that it would somehow open up that port now. No luck. Even with the below rule in place, I still can't connect to the event server with Yatse.
Code:
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere             udp dpt:9777

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Still looking...
netstat -nlop
(2015-02-14, 14:06)wsnipex Wrote: netstat -nlop

That shows the server running.
Code:
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:9777            0.0.0.0:*                           27763/kodi.bin   off (0.00/0/0)
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:9777            0.0.0.0:*                           1584/kodi.bin    off (0.00/0/0)

Not quite sure where to look now.
Well this makes even less sense now. There are example event server clients in the kodi source, so I pulled it down to try those out. I was able to successfully send a message to kodi locally from itself. Next test was to attempt to send a message from my laptop. Performed the same test as I did on the kodi machine and it was also successful. I then started Yatse on my phone and am now able to connect to the event server.

This absolutely blows my mind because absolutely nothing has changed at all. Hell, it didn't work just 15 minutes ago when I decided to pull down the source.
Same issue here with the event server appearing to freeze/lock and not allow incoming requests. My issue also rears it's head only during streaming of internet radio such as Radiotunes, SOMA, etc. It too mysteriously starting working after no changes were made to the KODI system.
  • Gigabyte BRIX GB-BXBT-2807
  • LibreElec 8.0.2
  • Samsung 50" Plasma
  • SVS Prime satellites | Bookshelf speakers
  • SVS PB13 Plus Sub
  • Synology DS412+, DS416j, DS212j, 21TB Storage
  • 3 x Linux Ubuntu Servers, dual Xeon CPU running | Plex | Subsonic | Radarr, Sonarr & NZBGet
Same issue here as per my previous post.

(2015-02-13, 23:08)Herman RasPi Wrote: My Yatse event server connection drops when streaming a radio station on Kodi.
Would that help us getting closer to the solution?
  • Gigabyte BRIX GB-BXBT-2807
  • LibreElec 8.0.2
  • Samsung 50" Plasma
  • SVS Prime satellites | Bookshelf speakers
  • SVS PB13 Plus Sub
  • Synology DS412+, DS416j, DS212j, 21TB Storage
  • 3 x Linux Ubuntu Servers, dual Xeon CPU running | Plex | Subsonic | Radarr, Sonarr & NZBGet

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get Yatse remote to work/event server issue after upgrade to kodi0