Trying to get the best option
Question 
Hi guys! I need some advice…

I'm coming from an ATV2 environment that works ok but has it's flaws and I've just read that there will be no support for it anymore Sad

So far the ATV2 is running xbmc 13.0

Definitely I need to update it, but right now I can see there are many options in the market

The main usage is playing my 720p files (damn you ATV2), many of them have HD audio and would like to catch some streams

Which could be the best options for this?

Thanks for the help!
If you care about HD audio bitstreaming get a Chromebox and put Openelec on there.

Thanks poofhairguy!

Is there any difference between the Asus and HP version?
I was just told on here the HP one has cooling issues. I have the Asus personally.

(2015-01-29, 21:48)DavePL Wrote: Thanks poofhairguy!

Is there any difference between the Asus and HP version?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Chromebox
(2015-01-29, 21:52)poofyhairguy Wrote: I was just told on here the HP one has cooling issues. I have the Asus personally.

I guess the Asus is the option for a chromebox

(2015-01-29, 22:30)Matt Devo Wrote: http://kodi.wiki/view/Chromebox

Thanks Matt!! I'll read it carefully
I've read the wiki and I guess the installation is not that complicated

Thanks poofyhairguy and Matt!

The chromebox seems to be the option that suits my needs

Is there anything I need to know about problems I might find or limitations of a chromebox?
(2015-01-30, 01:11)DavePL Wrote: I've read the wiki and I guess the installation is not that complicated

Thanks poofyhairguy and Matt!

The chromebox seems to be the option that suits my needs

Is there anything I need to know about problems I might find or limitations of a chromebox?

it's literally all in the wiki, I keep it as up to date as humanly possible.
You do a great job Matt!

Well… I'll order it tonight and then wait for it to arrive

I almost forgot guys, in your opinion what is better a dual boot or a standalone setup?
You do a great job with that Matt and we all appreciate it! As far as I am concerned the Chromebox started the second golden era of computer based HTPCs, the first being ION. Now that the GPU support on the Linux side is so excellent I really don't know what else we can ask for out of Kodi on a standard 1080p TV.

(2015-01-30, 02:59)DavePL Wrote: I almost forgot guys, in your opinion what is better a dual boot or a standalone setup?

Dude Chrome OS is a web browser. Blow it away and make yourself a Kodi appliance in my opinion.

But I am biased I love a device that just does Kodi and never can get messed up.

(2015-01-30, 03:05)poofyhairguy Wrote: Dude Chrome OS is a web browser. Blow it away and make yourself a Kodi appliance in my opinion.

But I am biased I love a device that just does Kodi and never can get messed up.

That's what I thought, a Kodi standalone setup, as I didn't know if there's any need of Chrome OS for something else
I believe there is (trying to remember), but it depends if you need them.
Can't remember if it had to do with Nexflix, Hulu or similar...
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS
(2015-01-30, 04:04)shabuboy Wrote: I believe there is (trying to remember), but it depends if you need them.
Can't remember if it had to do with Nexflix, Hulu or similar...

May be, but I don't use any of them (for now)
poofyhairguy, Matt Devo, the chromebox arrived yesterday and I couldn't be any happier!!

Thanks for the advise guys!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trying to get the best option0