Win Advice for a Newbie
I would like to put Kodi into a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series 2 in 1. This laptop can be purchased at a great price for its quality/components and what it can do (tablet mode, 4g ram, full HDMI port, IPS touchscreen, 500gb HD), and I also need a portable Windows device that I can take with me when I travel (and being able to use Kodi in tablet mode while sitting on my throne would be pretty awesome too).

I do have several questions regarding processor and booting options that I hope you all will be able to help me with:

1. I would like it to be able to stream 1080p, watch live TV streams and do 3D if possible (when it is hooked up to my main TV). This laptop comes with a choice of 2 different processors: Celeron N2830 or a Pentium N3530. What will I be able to do and not do when it comes to realizing Kodi to its full potential?
2. Given that the price between the two processors makes no difference, which would be better for what I want to do with Kodi?
3. How do these processors compare to the Celeron 2955U? By the way, I did try to look up the specs of all these processors, but couldn't make heads or tails in figuring out what it can do or selecting the best one when it comes to running Kodi.
4. Since I need to have Windows 8, would it be better to install Kodi on top of Windows 8 or do a dual boot config with openELEC?
5. Any pros/cons in ease of use with one or the other?
6. What configuration problems will I have (if any) when switching between using HDMI for my TV and just using Kodi on my laptop?

Thanks! I appreciate any and all advice/suggestions any of you may have to offer!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advice for a Newbie0