Favorite Addon idea (Google star concept in the db?)
Hi,

so, I am using Kodi for my video library. Works great. I only have stuff (TV/Movies) that I like obviously. But some stuff I like and some stuff I love. The problem is, sometimes I just want to have something in the background, and sometimes I want to see something I love. How to do that? The easy way is to mark the ones you LOVE as favorite. True, that would work. BUT, the items in the fav list are just a pointer w/o info such as unwatched episodes. It is merely a pointer mixed with favorite positions wherever in addons (items you can select as favorite). So I was thinking, why don't look at an amazing Google feature. Star an item...

What I would do is mark TV shows, Movies, Music, whatever as stared. When I then go into library, it shows the stared items first (or only show stared or whatever). It can be used by skinners to skin the hell out of that feature, can be used by addons (for whatever cool feature that can be concieved). All it takes it one extra field in the db.

I posted this in the addon section because I think any addon could also create their own star db. It would be cleaner if it is integrated in the Kodi code but I am sure that takes years. So I am hoping for a faster approach from the awesome people of addon developers.

And if such an addon exist, please do tell me!

Thank you!
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=132764
Yes, great, is awesome for multiple playlists and all that.

BUT, not what I wanted:

- Quick order by true fav status in library : with simpleplaylists I have to select the button it is mapped to, click video, click playlist and then see them. Show stared first is way faster and it is the same path to get there.
- DON'T just show a link : simpleplaylist is just that.Just shows a link to the library I want to see x unwatched or not show at all if it is watched and I selected hide unwatched. True integration!

Add a "Start item" to the context menu, add a star to the db and all is done. SimplePlaylist may be great for some but not what I wanted. A regular playlist does the exact same minus the multiple playlist thing (that I don't need).

Thank you anyway. And fast answer Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Favorite Addon idea (Google star concept in the db?)0