Poll: What's most important?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Clean Interface (little 'clutter')
37.27%
View types (List, Banner etc)
25.45%
Customisation (Colours etc)
20.91%
Integration with other add-ons (explain)
7.27%
Additional themes
6.36%
None of the above, leave the skin just as it is!
2.73%
Total
110 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

What's most important to you?
I'm trying to find out what the most important part of a UI is for you. The more votes, the more time I will spend looking at the winning area with a view to making possible changes.

Please vote and use this thread to say how you voted and provide further explanation, if you like.

Note: multiple choice is enabled.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
First to vote!

I'm a sucker for quality views. For example im852 adapted many of the bello views into his mod which fit beautifully into this skin. A clean interface should always be top priority imo
Different colours, especially a white theme.
(2015-01-30, 01:37)wex101 Wrote: First to vote!

I'm a sucker for quality views. For example im852 adapted many of the bello views into his mod which fit beautifully into this skin. A clean interface should always be top priority imo

+1
I like the the idea of integrating other addons. For example (I have no idea if it's possible), I would use a screen for YouTube with a scrolling list of new subscription videos, links to channels, search, "what to watch", etc.
since you're asking here's a few ideas on amping up customization @ home ...
  • choose from different tile layouts (on each homeScreen tab)
  • tile-layout-builder ... blank 2x10 grid + tiles of all sizes
    1x1 - icon / 2x2 - cd-cover / 3x1 - tv banner / 1x2 - movie poster ...
  • "blank" a grid slot ( expose the bkg / make a slot unelectable )
  • adding custom homeScreen pages
  • changing homeScreen tab order
  • remap destination of menu links (tv/movies...) to custom locations
  • making your own sub-menus
  • add (custom) library nodes to menu
  • add/remove items from subMenu
  • accent colour per tile
  • accent colour per page (overRide setting per tile)
thanks for listening
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
Greetings!

In my opinion the best option for the 1080XF skin settings would be to limit or expand the skin-settings sections/categories depending on the “Basic/Standard/Advanced/Expert” Kodi user-defined system setting. That way adding more advanced customization to the skin-settings won’t scare away novice users and many useful/functional advanced skin-customizable settings could be added this way for advanced/expert users without cluttering the layout.

Example for a useful settings that should only be enabled in Advanced/Expert mode and hidden for the rest:

Sub-menu customization for Movies/Music section as mentioned earlier along with an option to completely disable the sub-menu when the “Arrorw-Up” is hidden.
*It would be great if this customization would work the same way as the tiles are customizable right now, so that when you press “Backspace” on a sub-menu then the “Manage custom sub-menu item” menu would appear in the same way and the users can rename/rearrange/remove or change the path or onclick function for each individual sub-menu or even parent-menu etc.
One suggestion would be, and i think others would agree, while keeping the skin nice and tidy as it is, it woul be nice to see a tab for streaming and other services.

Besides movies and TVShows, having a tab for youtube that shows new uploaded videos, Twitch streamers online that you follow, new uploads on vimeo, ign etc would be awesome.

Also, having the choice to add the metro thumbnails without going through all the hoops would be nice.

I run kodi on a fire tv and haven't connected it to a pc for a while now as my pc is rubbish, it would be nice to have everything at hand.

Again, many praises to you and your work buddy! I dont see myself using any other skin in the future.

As a side note: when you press movie info during playback, it brings up all the buttons such as subtitles, settings, play, pause, FF, RW etc, however it does not show the progress bar.
I find myself checking how much of the show im watching there is left and to do that i have to press pause as it's the only way to show the progress bar. Any way of implementing this in movie info ?
Clean interface more than anything else. No distractions from too much addon integrations, flags, extra-art etc. If there are great addons - like eg. metadata actors - they have to be integrated nicely into the skin. Btw, addon downloader and metadata actors are integrated as if they belong to it.

Last but not least, list view has to be awesome since managing large libraries with banners, posters or fanart based viewmodes is a huge mess (for me).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-01-30, 12:10)mkortstiege Wrote: Clean interface more than anything else. No distractions from too much addon integrations, flags, extra-art etc. If there are great addons - like eg. metadata actors - they have to be integrated nicely into the skin. Btw, addon downloader and metadata actors are integrated as if they belong to it.

Last but not least, list view has to be awesome since managing large libraries with banners, posters or fanart based viewmodes is a huge mess (for me).

Totally +1 on this. Little is more. I'm just trying to get a 'feel' for what people would like, this poll is probably useful for other skinners also.

I should point out that this skin is not going to turn into something it's not meant to be - it's not going to have a 1000 viewtypes with 25 home screen options.

+1 to keeping it simple and clean. I like the current views anyway Smile

My love to haves:

- Customisable Top menu and Sub Menu (as mentioned above). Rename sections, change Top Menu actions/nodes, change Sub Menus, etc.

- Ability to disable Home menu.

- Customisable icons in Settings section on teh home screen. I edit these to link to some Fire TV system settings for example.

- Ability to choose different fade levels for fanart. Eminence does this really well with Light / Moderate / Heavy levels of fade options in Settings.

- Option to reduce to scroll time from 500 to 100 in Video views. On some machines, like my Fire TV, scrolling in Poster vIew or Landscape view judders a lot. 100 scrolltime significantly improves this. Maybe a "Reduce scroll animation" setting/toggle or just go with 100 by default Smile

- Replace "Year" label with "Airdate" in Landscape View and Video Info screen for Episodes. I've actually done this and happy to do a pull request if you like. See here for reference #167

- Wider fanart view in Info List. Panel has it wider, so maybe something like that, although there is room to go even wider!

- In Full Screen Video, show Progress Bar and Playback time on the Navigation menu. Similar to what is shown on the Full Screen Info, but without plot etc, which can stay on the info screen.

- In Thumbnail View for addons and episodes, the currently selected icon loses the Label and watched tag, which I find odd and looks like a bug (which it isn't). There is a Fade Effect for the focusedlayout which is easily removed.
(2015-01-30, 17:05)eskay993 Wrote: - Ability to choose different fade levels for fanart. Eminence does this really well with Light / Moderate / Heavy levels of fade options in Settings.

I would like this as well.
I think that we all would like to have the ability to complete customise the tiles in each tab and add/remove tabs. Some want bigger widgets some more tiles per tab etc ....
But i don`t think that this would be an easy task and possibly will create other problems with the skin. Keeping it simple (if you can say such a skin simple) and clean is also my main wish

Maybe it would be easier to create just one customisable tab replacing the Applications. 10 tiles and the ability to replace 1x2 , 2x2 3x2 tiles with a widget. I don`t know though if this can be done.

and i`d like to see different views. Not more nor clattered with artwork . Just different.
We have a skin that is completely different than the rest but still with the same (if i`m allowed to say) borring views. i`d like to see some of the old views replaced with fusion`s
So far, what I'm taking from the results is that the majority want little changed apart from the ability to change tile colours and possibly some tweaking to the views. Would that be correct?

My vote is strictly on a clean interface.

If there is one thing I would love to see changed (or have an option for) it would be an inverted viewed media marker. As it is now they show for partially played media and non-played media. When I hide my viewed media (my default) I would only like to see those markers on partially and fully played media so you don't have the extra clutter when viewing in unviewed only mode.

PS. Huge fan of your skin!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What's most important to you?1