Windows 10 SMB issues
I have upgraded my main desktop to Windows 10 and been using Kodi on linux and ios with some headaches that i finally fixed.

SMB has changed, I can no longer just type the username and password for it to login. What I found out was if I use a computername in the SMB username (computername\username) it will work. Just some heads up if anyone else has this problem. One of my friends was telling me this is new since windows 8 but never noticed it until I upgraded to 10 tech preview.
I just tried Win 10 using Virtualbox and used my server IP address as the computer name and then typed in the usual username and password.

(2015-01-30, 19:05)wrxtasy Wrote: I just tried Win 10 using Virtualbox and used my server IP address as the computer name and then typed in the usual username and password.

Where you running a linux live when trying to smb into windows 10?
(2015-01-30, 04:01)Numus Wrote: I have upgraded my main desktop to Windows 10 and been using Kodi on linux and ios with some headaches that i finally fixed.

SMB has changed, I can no longer just type the username and password for it to login. What I found out was if I use a computername in the SMB username (computername\username) it will work. Just some heads up if anyone else has this problem. One of my friends was telling me this is new since windows 8 but never noticed it until I upgraded to 10 tech preview.

you are a god Numus, you dont how long i battered my keboard across my head trying to get this working. +1 internet to you sir.
Noob question... If my computername is Joe and my username is Joe, I'd type literally "Joe/Joe" in the username login part? I'm struggling with this issue...
COMPUTERNAME\username
so
joe\joe

* note the backslash instead of forward slash
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 10 SMB issues1