Solved No Stub Message in Kodi - Bug?
Hello,

I have a lot of stub files for my DVDs and BDs. That works fine. All files have a Message included whre the Disc is stored like this is documented in the wiki:

16 Blocks (2006).bluray.disc
Code:
<discstub>
  <message>Befindet sich hier: 3</message>
</discstub>

The Movie is in my Library but when I click on the Movie the message is not in the message dialoge. I know about the bug but my system has a optical drive and it works. I can also open and close this drive via the dialog.

I can also reproduce this issue on a second system. All systems are windows 8.1 x64 computers with Kodi 14.0 stable. Both systems have build-in SATA BD or DVD drives. Is this a bug or I am too stupid to use the stub file correctly? Angel

Regards
Can't reproduce with current master on Linux. Will poke the windows guys to have a look at this.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I can reproduce it also with 14.1 on Windows... Sad
Please post a complete debug log.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
works for me on Win8.1 - just tested with 14.1 and on 3 skins (Confluence, Nox, Eminence). Also changed the message after indexing the movie and it instantly showed the new message.
OK, I removed all stubs, cleaned the library and set up Kodi only with one stub file (the one above) to generate a debug log. You can find it here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=412430

The problem still exists. I am using the Confluence Skin. Here is a screenshot of the disc in Kodi:
Could you please pastebin the stub files as well?

EDIT: Only thing i can imagine is some weird encoding issues. Please try to re-create the .stub file and report back.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=412435

Like the Text-Quote in the first Post ;-)

Edit: Typo
(2015-02-02, 16:46)mkortstiege Wrote: EDIT: Only thing i can imagine is some weird encoding issues. Please try to re-create the .stub file and report back.

I generate my stub files from a SQL Server (export from My Movies). But your hint was interessting. I opened the file in Hex-Mode and the first two characters are "FF FE". That's the way for Unicode files if I save them from the SQL Server. I will try it today without that... I think that will help.

If I save the files in a plain ASCII file it works...
Great to hear that there's a solution for the issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Stub Message in Kodi - Bug?0