Req [solved] PVR Streaming via UPnp
Maybe I'm wrong and something like this already exists.

Yesterday I've tried for the first time the UPnP functionality. I'm fascinated of the abilities. I've used Kodi on my Gentoo based HTPC and BubbleUPNP on my Android Phone.

I can access video, music and pictures vice versa.

Would be nice, if Kodi would be able to forward the stream received from the PVR backend (in my case VDR) via UPnP.

Or is the Android Version of Kodi able to access the PVR backend on a different machine?
Wouldn't this be better suited to your needs http://projects.vdr-developer.org/projec...-upnp/wiki
every Kodi version is able to access the PVR backend on remote machines - all you have to do is to point the addon to the IP of your PVR backend (in addon settings)
I assumed he wanted to forward the PVR stream to a device that doesn't run Kodi and doesn't have a connected Kodi client, so maybe a smart TV in the bedroom for example, however it seems I misread.

If you want PVR on your Android device then as da-anda says, you simply installed the PVR client as you would on any other client as multiple clients can connect to the same PVR backend, the only problem might be that an Android client add-on may not be available for your PVR backend of choice.
well, he asked for UPNP first, but in his last line asked if Kodi on Android would support PVR as well, so I only mentioned in addition to your reply about UPNP that PVR also works on Android Smile

Also, many PVR backends have native Android apps that let you tune to a channel and browse the EPG (like tvheadend for example) - might also be an option for you musv
Better install kodi on your Android phone and install pvr client in there, this is what i do at least to connect to my argustv backend, i haven't spotted so far a way with upnp from kodi to grab pvr in other device.
There's no substitute for experience
Thanks for your suggestions. I'll have a look at both, the vdr plugin and the Kodi Android version.

The thread start aimed to the point, that I have to install the PVR plugins on my HTPC manually. So I'm not sure if they exist for android.

da-anda:
I'm quite new to that DLNA/Upnp thing. I'm just looking already for a while for a solution to bring the vdr stream of my HTPC somehow to my android phone.
(2015-02-02, 10:08)musv Wrote: Thanks for your suggestions. I'll have a look at both, the vdr plugin and the Kodi Android version.

The thread start aimed to the point, that I have to install the PVR plugins on my HTPC manually. So I'm not sure if they exist for android.

da-anda:
I'm quite new to that DLNA/Upnp thing. I'm just looking already for a while for a solution to bring the vdr stream of my HTPC somehow to my android phone.

install kodi for android on your phone. The vdr-vnsi plugin is already included.
Found some free minutes today for testing.

vdr-upnp:
Is quite outdated and needs tntdb, which seems to be even more outdated. I did not invest too much time to get it running. So I failed.

Kodi on Android:
I have a One Plus One. Kodi installed fine. Also the vnsi client is available. But I get some strange results with different kinds of TV channels:
  • 720p Free-TV: runs fine and smooth.
  • 1080i Free-TV: runs fine and smooth.
  • 720p Pay-TV: runs fine and smooth.
  • 1080i Pay-TV: Sound is fine, Picture is stuttering very strong.

I used the default configuration in Kodi.

Using xineliboutput on other machines or Kodi on my HTPC, this problem doesn't occur.
To give some feedback:

Wasn't completely happy with the Kodi solution on my Android phone, but I found another solution:

VDR:
Install the streamdev and vdrmanager plugin.

Android phone:
Install vdrmanager and a video player, e.g. BSPlayer.

After configuring the vdrmanager you can access the channel list from vdr and request a stream, which can be played by the BSPlayer.

Has nothing to do with Kodi, but works great.

Thank you for your ideas and this discussion.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[solved] PVR Streaming via UPnp0