Offline thumbnails/SQL emptying cache
So I have a couple of OpenELEC machines running, all storing their Video/Music DB on a central MySQL server. All media content and thumbnails are on a shared folder.

When there is no internet available (which will happen very often), (still) XBMC seems to lose cover/fan art. When debugging I see the machines trying to go online to find the art (while it is there already on a shared folder). Is there a way to let XBMC look on the shared folder/cache first before going online and in the end getting back with no art? Or even let it go online only during library update?

Thanks a lot!
Quote:thumbnails are on a shared folder

Just as an aside, you shouldn't do that.
(2015-01-30, 15:52)helta Wrote:
Quote:thumbnails are on a shared folder

Just as an aside, you shouldn't do that.

Ok, could this also be a possible reason for the issue I'm having? Other than not being able to use it offline, it runs fine using 21 machines at the same time.

I also forgot to mention that the internet speed is about 1Mb/s (if there is internet) so I want to minimise downloading cover art.

Thanks
From the wiki:

Quote:Sharing the Thumbnails folder with Path Substitution is prone to problems, primarily because the Texture Cache consists of two interlinked data stores - the Thumbnails folder and the SQLite database Textures13.db. Sharing the SQLite Textures13.db between multiple clients is not supported under any circumstances due to the liklehood of database corruption.

Since sharing of the database is not realistically possible, attempts at sharing only the Thumbnails folder will either fail completely, or result in some artwork items never being displayed, or you may experience artwork being displayed but with higher or lower than expected image quality or even image corruption (a result of different clients overwriting previously cached artwork, as not all clients cache artwork at the same resolutions, or even use the same image formats).

If you must use Path Substitution to relocate (rather than share) your Thumbnails folder, by all means do so but only for individual clients and their associated Thumbnails folder. Do not share a single Thumbnails folder between multiple clients, as the Texture Cache is simply not designed to support this and you will experience problems.
Thanks for the info. So this means that all the clients have to individually get their art work online but will cache it properly afterwards?

Do you think proxying/caching this with for instance Squid would be an option?
(2015-01-30, 17:12)Nivyx Wrote: So this means that all the clients have to individually get their art work online but will cache it properly afterwards?

Yes, it just downloads on the first instance and from then on it is cached on the client.

(2015-01-30, 17:12)Nivyx Wrote: Do you think proxying/caching this with for instance Squid would be an option?

Can't think of a reason why you would even consider it. You would still only access any given url once per client, after that it would be useless.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Offline thumbnails/SQL emptying cache0