Req Google like Star items
Hi,

you can obviously add items to favorites. But imagine your music collection with 200 songs being in your favorites together with 200 movies and so forth. Wouldn't a simple "Star" be a better idea? When I open music or movies, it could list them first (based on the star) or make them bigger or whatever a skin coder wants to do with it. It seems more efficient than "is also in your favorites". This also allows to work with whatever has been deemed appropriate for views. When you go into video library, you see a TV show and in brackets, the number of episodes. That does not happen in favorites. So instead of adding this to favorites (and probably tons of other places), just make it starable and use every view and so fort that has already been optimized.

All that is needed is an extra field in the db (stared, not stared) and a function to add or remove such star (again, needs to be integrated in the UI by the skinners).

Good idea?

EDIT: I already asked in the 3rd party sub forum. This is not cross posting, I now think this should be added to Kodi itself, not just as an addon feature...
you can already rate songs (5-star rating), so it's basically only missing for videos/movies. But I agree that such a system would be nicer
Damn, I did not even know that. Not using mine for music (added but never touched the library Wink.

Plus, thanks to Google, we all know what a star means. And it works wonders in my inbox, it would do the same with Kodi.
So if there is only one other person that like this, chances are, this won't be implemented, right? I feel I should create some powerpoint slides and flipcharts to make this happen Wink
Ok, if anyone is interested, I found another way to do what I wanted to do. Never understood the tags but I simply created a new tag (Hot or GoogleStar or whatever you want to name it). Add your shows to said list and then add it to favorites which is almost what I needed.

I also copied the string from the fav file to my skin (Eminence) so it is now a simple button and I get my "stared" items with available episodes displayed.

Not intuitive to set this up Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google like Star items1