Banner view & backgrounds
The impossible happend, I switched from amber to another skin and like it very much !! I had a little trouble with my library not showing every tvserie on my nas and after a long search I decided the quickest way out was making custom home buttons that just points to my series folder and that works pretty well. The only thing now is that i don't have banner view option. Only icon/list123/3d/wall etc but no banner which is a pity. Second thing is the background, i have for each menu item a series of pictures, also working in the home screen but when you click a category the global background images seem to be showing in stead of the category ones. When i select kids category i don't want to see horror images as i scroll down my kids list if you catch my drift. Is there a way to adjust this also? I'm using a raspberry pi with openelec, rapier is slower on it then amber but not that much that it will annoy me. Many thanks for the advice!
Figured the banner problem out: added TV series to library and hide the menu, now i can select banner in my original menu. This leaves me just with the backgrounds
Hi pengocha.

Great to hear that you are happy with the skin.

(2015-01-30, 18:04)pengocha Wrote: I had a little trouble with my library not showing every tvserie on my nas and after a long search I decided the quickest way out was making custom home buttons that just points to my series folder and that works pretty well.

The names of the folders containing the tv shows are very important for the scrapers to be able to recognize your shows. If you have all your tv shows in the same folder, the file names are very important.

(2015-01-30, 18:04)pengocha Wrote: The only thing now is that i don't have banner view option. Only icon/list123/3d/wall etc but no banner which is a pity.

There is a skin setting to make the skin automatically switch between tv show banners and posters in most views. You can find it in the Skin Settings -> Media -> TV Shows -> Use Poster / Banner Layout.

(2015-01-30, 18:04)pengocha Wrote: Second thing is the background, i have for each menu item a series of pictures, also working in the home screen but when you click a category the global background images seem to be showing in stead of the category ones. When i select kids category i don't want to see horror images as i scroll down my kids list if you catch my drift. Is there a way to adjust this also? I'm using a raspberry pi with openelec, rapier is slower on it then amber but not that much that it will annoy me. Many thanks for the advice!

How did you set the backgrounds and which option do you use?

For regular categories you have to set the backgrounds in the skin settings Background section. For custom categories you set the background for the home window in the Skin Settings -> Home -> Category Menu section.

You can find additional background option in the library using the top options menu bar when clicking the button "View Options".

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Gade
Hi gade, thx for the reply, appriciate it! I set my backgrounds in Skin Settings -> Home -> Category Menu section. The right images are showing in the home screen itself but when i enter the selected category the background images seem to jump to the global background image folder.
Hi pengocha.

If you are adding a video folder as a custom category, the backgrounds from your video library will be used - eg. videos, movies, tv shows or music videos. The background set in the custom category section will only apply to the home screen.

You can change the backgrounds used in videos, movies, tv shows and music videos in Skin Settings -> Backgrounds.

Why don't you use fanart or extrafanart for your tv shows instead?
Aha, that's the reason. Fanart is indeed also a good option. Thx again gade!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Banner view & backgrounds0