Win Can I ever run Kodi again?
Just to add to this thread, I'm getting exactly the same problem as the OP.

Every-time I try to play a video file I get the same error, and it isn't file dependant, I have tried with avi's, mkv, wmv, mov, m4p and all give the same error.

Will watch this thread closely for a potential fix
There will be no fix here as noone is posting logs. Try the thread I already pointed to.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks Nickr

Am going to try a system restore as I believe a MSpatch went on prior to it all stopping working. Fingers crossed that is the case and I can report back with the MS KB number!
If you don't want to crash all the time, time to try openelec.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-02-01, 01:24)nickr Wrote: If you don't want to crash all the time, time to try openelec.

Used to run OpenELEC on my Raspberry PI, but someone gave me £1200 PC rig so I thought I'd use that for my media needs and get back into some PC gaming! :-)

Anyways, did a restore, restarted Kodi and bang it happened again same error. Turned on debugging mode and it's been running perfectly for the last 40 minutes or so!

Going to try all the different media formats I have and see if it happens again so I can post the debug log.
ok try the following it might work for you, it worked for me:

1) go to regedit.exe ( Run as Administrator )

2) Click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER

3) Then find the folder name " Software " ( click )

4) Find the folder name " Kodi " After clicking on the " Software " folder

5) Right click the folder name " Kodi " and click on DELETE

6) close the program & restart computer

7) Install a fresh version of Kodi or XBMC

8) Done
All of these posts are just bloody guesses without log files.
Thanks Pussy, will bear that in mind.

nickr - you're right they are all guesses. Since my last post I've been running the debug and played countless media formats including audio file and I've not been able to get it to fail once. So, going over the Microsoft update logs and there is one for a Western Digital Hard Disk, but since I restored my machine to an earlier point, I turned off automatic installation of updates. Thus I am guessing that this is the problem patch.

I'm going to install it later, run the debug and see if it fails, if it does, then maybe I can get a log file posted we can see exactly what is happening!

:-)
Looks like I should have kept quiet, haven't installed the patch yet, but it did crash out!

Log file here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=411689

Hope this helps!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I ever run Kodi again?0