• 13(current)
PBS ThinkTV.org Video Addon
tl;dr. Really, really, really difficult to believe that anything from tvaddons.ag is for "educational" purposes. I'm very familiar with the PBS API. Just post a log from a clean install so I can take a look. The rest is just blah, blah, blah.

EDIT Version 3.0.6 adds a fix for when a default station is not selected or not provided correctly by the API. PR has been submitted to Kodi.org repo, should update in a day or two.
1. "Login Enabled" - PBS called @ #521, error @ #533
2. "Login Disabled" - PBS called again @ 616 -- no errors
3. PBS menu navigation & play a few secs of video
4. Exit PBS & load KODI Log Uploader which generated the file at:

https://paste.ubuntu.com/23155809/

----------------- Other pertinent info ---------------
No VPN used
Provider: Time Warner
Clean install of KODI (not SPMC) on a factory reset Beelink MiniM8S (2GB) | Android 5.1.1

The ONLY User installed KODI add-ons:
PBS 3..0.6 (so yes, your latest update)
KODI Log Uploader
What PBS station is your selected default station?
Does anyone else have this problem on something other than the Beelink MiniM8s? I'm asking because the build is a bit weird to me.
WPTD http://www.thinktv.org/home/ Dayton, OH base PBS station which is local to me (& the only PBS station I know of that uses the Trademark "ThinkTV")

Yes, everyone I know using KODI to watch PBS has this problem, but to my knowledge they all have FREE PBS accounts. If the solution is for them to get PASSPORT acounts, then so be it .

BTW, the PBS Android App: Updated August 31, 2016 and ROKU Channel updated about the same time as well

Certainly seems like PBS might have changed something that is causing this. Not sure how this will impact your code, but I saw in the PBS API notes that they intend to deprecate login.pbs.com although a time for that happening was still undetermined.

The reason I posted this Android log because I'd already posted one generated from a Linux PC.

& from the inception, I was posting as follow-on to pibob, one of, if not the first member to report the same issue with the login. He submitted 2 logs, but they apparently weren't helpful to you either. Your reply to the 2nd of the two logs he submitted was:

Quote:learningit Wrote:
(2016-08-31 01:56)pibob Wrote:
Here's another log, with debugging for some specific components enabled (including libcurl). I'm not using a VPN, nor am I using Comcast. Also, the request to PBS works as long as I disable logging in. In the log you'll see I attempted to use the log in to PBS twice, and the third time I disabled logging in. The 3rd time worked, the first 2 failed.

http://pastebin.com/7r1q9w70

Thanks

Did you enable libcurl specific logging? It doesn't look like it in the log, I would expect to see more info around line 840 about the getRequest the add-on is making.
Is anyone having the above issue when running V3.0.6 on something other than a MiniM8s build? I have no issues at two locations with Android, Windows and Linux, whether I log in or not.
I think it is safe to assume that this Login issue has nothing to do with hardware nor KODI version.

From the top of the last log that pibob posted:

Quote:Starting Kodi (15.2 Git:02e7013). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit
Using Release Kodi x32 build (version for Raspberry Pi)

So he's running completely different hardware & KODI version, but the Errors reported in his logs are the same as the ones in both of the logs I submitted.

Quote:ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: No JSON object could be decoded
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.thinktv/default.py", line 12, in <module>
ma.processAddonEvent()
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.t1mlib/lib/t1mlib.py", line 209, in processAddonEvent
if mode== None: self.procDir(self.getAddonMenu, p('url'), 'files', 'default_view')
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.t1mlib/lib/t1mlib.py", line 156, in procDir
ilist = dirFunc(url, ilist)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.thinktv/resources/lib/scraper.py", line 83, in getAddonMenu
a = json.loads(html)
File "/home/stephan/projects/openelec-6.0/build.OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-6.0.3/Python-2.7.3/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 326, in loads
File "/home/stephan/projects/openelec-6.0/build.OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-6.0.3/Python-2.7.3/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 366, in decode
File "/home/stephan/projects/openelec-6.0/build.OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-6.0.3/Python-2.7.3/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 384, in raw_decode
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
-->End of Python script error report<--
Ok, enough. I've read and seen the logs, there is absolutely no need to repeat what's in them. Stop guessing and conjecturing. I want to see if someone else is having issues with version 3.0.6 on a different platform.
I'm not sure I'm a on a different enough platform, win7/64 but most of the links populated, tried NOVA out-of-the box and gave an error, subscribed to PBS.org, input this information into the add-on settings; tried and Nova came in all it's glory! V3.0.6
(2016-09-10, 03:16)PatK Wrote: I'm not sure I'm a on a different enough platform, win7/64 but most of the links populated, tried NOVA out-of-the box and gave an error, subscribed to PBS.org, input this information into the add-on settings; tried and Nova came in all it's glory! No VPN, DNS or proxies. V3.0.6
Pat does it work or not? I think you're saying it does, but can you tell me the Kodi version?
Kodi Jarvis 16.1 all populates, and most play out, but there look to be some geo locking on some shows. Great add-on, I will never be bored.
(2016-09-10, 03:19)learningit Wrote:
(2016-09-10, 03:16)PatK Wrote: I'm not sure I'm a on a different enough platform, win7/64 but most of the links populated, tried NOVA out-of-the box and gave an error, subscribed to PBS.org, input this information into the add-on settings; tried and Nova came in all it's glory! No VPN, DNS or proxies. V3.0.6
Pat does it work or not? I think you're saying it does, but can you tell me the Kodi version?

NOVA content can be played w/o logging into PBS at all. That's true whether the NOVA content is being accessed via PBS: Android app, ROKU Channel, Kindle App, pbs.org website, or your ThinkTV addon. I just verified so using all of those methods.

And yet if I'm correctly interpreting what PatK posted, he got an error trying to play NOVA while not being logged in to your addon, but I have no problem using your addon to play NOVA as long as I have the Login Disabled.

Also, the same Login error problem that PIBOB & I have reported was also reported in PBSKids Forum on 2//24/2016.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=253386

Post #7: "PBS has messing around with things frequently in the last few weeks."; your reply to user who reported it.
Your comments above are just red herrings - please stop!!!
Pat K is located in Canada. Nova is blocked on some foreign IPs.
I am looking through some tests that others are running for me and will get back when I get back. I'm currently on a 3 week vacation, so it may be a while.
A number of folks have reported to me that taking the following steps before installing V3.0.6 of the add-on fixes the error that they encounter:
1) The add-on will only function correctly for PBS accounts which are created using User Email and Password, the Facebook or Google+ logins are NOT currently supported.
2) uninstall the existing plugin.video.thinktv add-on through Kodi.
3) delete the folder and all contents at userdata/plugin.video.thinktv
4) re-install plugin.video.thinktv V3.0.6 from the kodi.org repository
5) enable login and enter the correct User Email and User Password
6) try to run the add-on, if an error occurs: check the settings again and confirm that the PBS station shown is the correct one, if not login to the PBS website with a browser and make sure that the PBS station selected is the one you want. Note that not all PBS stations allow access to all videos, it's been suggested to me to use WNET to get most videos enabled.

I just want to know if this works or not for folks, don't send me a long story about it. I'm on vacation and can't (be bothered to) verify if this works or not right now.
I really enjoy the PBS plugins, but have been experiencing an annoyance. I've noticed in the last week or two, whenever I play a PBS video through the addons (regular PBS and Kids PBS) the subtitles are turned on. I can't turn them off within KODI and it looks like the the subtitles are coming from PBS turned on. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there something I need to configure? I have subtitles turned off by default within KODI. It just happens in the PBS plugins.

Thanks,

Steve Ford
You can try going to Audio Settings while any PBS video is playing and Disable Sub-titles, then Save as Default for all Videos. Depending on the skin, you can get to Audio Settings by pressing space or Enter while the video is playing then navigating to the settings icon or menu choice.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PBS ThinkTV.org Video Addon6