• 17(current)
PBS ThinkTV.org Video Addon
(2017-05-03, 21:56)Jackanory Wrote: Oh how I wish we could sort by airdate! Whenever I open up a Category though, I'm confronted with a list of all shows that have ever aired, sorted in alphabetical order. I notice that airdate is one of the fields available in the COVE API, so (assuming that's the API you're using) it'd be nice to see the show with the most recent episode at the top of the category list!

Oh, and how I'd love to just see a livestream of whatever their currently airing!

Use the sort by date or episode provided by the skin you're using, it has nothing to do with the cove api.

Best of my knowledge, there are no legitimate live streams for PBS other than PBS Newshour.
(2017-05-03, 05:31)learningit Wrote: For whatever reason that's not a complete log. I also don't understand why there are several attempts to load icons from a German mirror if you're located in.the Us. Cox and a couple of other ISPs are known to handle redirect in a strange manner. The thing is when I've seen it in.the past, it affects all requests. If I understand you this only happens with a few urls. To be able to.follow this further you will need to turn on component specific logging for http and libcURL. That's going to generate a huge log file which may be too large to upload, but you can try.

I've been assuming that you are located in.the US and that you're not running any proxy or DNS service at all. If you are the redirects that PBS uses probably don't work with whatever service or ISP you're using.

https://pastebin.com/me6EX0cf

I uninstalled and deleted the Kodi folder in appdata. Reinstalled KODI, installed PBS, and tried to watch one of the unplayable episodes.
I'm located in the US, I don't think it's the ISP though. I installed Kodi on another machine here at home and the videos played fine.
Is there something else I should delete after I uninstall?
(2017-05-04, 02:07)Borgnine Wrote: I uninstalled and deleted the Kodi folder in appdata. Reinstalled KODI, installed PBS, and tried to watch one of the unplayable episodes.
I'm located in the US, I don't think it's the ISP though. I installed Kodi on another machine here at home and the videos played fine.
Is there something else I should delete after I uninstall?

For some reason, this url is not returning any data:
https://urs.pbs.org/redirect/37b04dac176...ormat=json

This url normally forces a 302 HTTP response which is a Temporarily Moved status and causes a redirect to a new url.

The only thing I can think of is that the PBS account login is failing, hasn't been setup properly or is disabled.
PBS may return no data if they can't determine what your primary PBS station is.
Check to see if they are setup correctly. I do recall Cox having some problems with other add-ons when redirects occur, I seem to recall that there is a funny redirect to a Cox login page, but I really can't remember the exact circumstances.

The fact that the add-on works on one system and not another is a pretty good indicator that it's not an issue with the add-on itself though.
(2017-05-03, 22:03)learningit Wrote: Use the sort by date or episode provided by the skin you're using, it has nothing to do with the cove api.

Thanks for the quick feedback. I was using confluence, so I switched back to Estuary and sparked up the addon again. I'm still seeing the same sort options: Default, Title, Episode. Could you suggest some skins where date sort is supported?
(2017-05-04, 18:31)Jackanory Wrote:
(2017-05-03, 22:03)learningit Wrote: Use the sort by date or episode provided by the skin you're using, it has nothing to do with the cove api.

Thanks for the quick feedback. I was using confluence, so I switched back to Estuary and sparked up the addon again. I'm still seeing the same sort options: Default, Title, Episode. Could you suggest some skins where date sort is supported?

Use episode.
Using Episode does have some minimal effect. For instance if I'm in the Culture category, then shows that would have been alphabetical on the first page, are slightly reordered. What I would anticipate is that the show that had the most recent episode, across the entire category would appear first on the first page.

I suspect that this would necessitate changing the API call that is made, to specify the sort order, based on the sort option chosen.

I also note that: as I browse to the next page, the sort order reverts to Default, and I have to select Episode for each subsequent page. Once a sort order is selected for that next page, it does persist for subsequent visits to that page. In my head, sort order would be a global option that was applicable across the addon, and would apply to all categories. Some people scoff at my head though! Wink

Note: Using Windows 10 on an old Acer Revo, with the Confluence skin -- yes I reverted, but, the above is applicable to Estuary too.
Sorry, I thought you meant episode sort. I won't be implementing show sort.
Hi, I am running Kodi 17.1 on Windows 10.. specs:

nVidia GeForce GTX 965m
Intel Core i7-6700HQ
12GB RAM

Problem: every time I run the PBS Kids app, it immediately crashes saying PBS Kids Error, check the log for more information. I've even updated to v3.0.2 and it still does this..

Log File Here: https://pastebin.com/30dFgz35

Please help, I'd appreciate it.
(2017-05-04, 05:42)learningit Wrote: The fact that the add-on works on one system and not another is a pretty good indicator that it's not an issue with the add-on itself though.

These videos work all of sudden by the way. Who knows.
(2017-05-08, 05:20)Borgnine Wrote:
(2017-05-04, 05:42)learningit Wrote: The fact that the add-on works on one system and not another is a pretty good indicator that it's not an issue with the add-on itself though.

Seems like someone reported a similar issue on the PBS Kids video thread and there's a 3.0.3 out. It's working flawlessly. Thanks everybody!
(2017-05-08, 17:34)adventure_of_link Wrote:
(2017-05-08, 05:20)Borgnine Wrote:

Seems like someone reported a similar issue on the PBS Kids video thread and there's a 3.0.3 out. It's working flawlessly. Thanks everybody!

These 2 issues are totally unrelated. The report of PBS kids above is in the wrong thread. There is a separate thread for it, and there is a recent update (3.0.3) to it. There has been no update to the PBS ThinkTV add-on which is supported in this thread. Please read carefully and make correct comments in the correct thread so as to not confuse other users.
Are others now finding PBS ThinkTV down and giving off errors?
Not working for me.
V3.0.10 is a quick fix for website changes
A pull request has been made for the kodi.org repo.
The add-on should update in a few days.

This is not a full fix for all the changes on the website. Unfortunately there is no longer an easy way to know how many videos are in the episodes, clips and preview catagories so the add-on does not display those counts any longer. There is a problem adding new shows to PBS Favorites, I'm looking into that.

Lastly, some people may need to delete the settings.xml file in userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.thinktv to get the PBS Watchlist and PBS Favorites to populate in the menu. I'm looking into that as well.
Thanks so much for the follow-up! Much appreciated.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PBS ThinkTV.org Video Addon6