Kodi 15.0 Release Name
iPood
(2015-02-02, 14:58)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-02-02, 14:53)Bridgwater Wrote: Ithink it is a waste of time, and literally. What really is the fascination of having two names 1) Kodi 2) Waste of time name. Why not just stick to Kodi 15.0 or Kodi 15.1 etc and then gee yet me guess when a more stable complete new build comes along it is simply called Kodi 16.0. I really do not know why the need to use two names.

guess you don't know that almost any software out there always uses development names beside the version number

Yes I agree with you on that such as Windows but they are just code names for development such as Windows 7 Memphis, they do not actually release it as Windows 7 Memphis though, they leave out the code name and just call it Windows 7.

My point is why have the development name as well as Kodi 14.1 for example? Kodi 14.1 is all what is really needed in my view on the splash screen. Ok so the splash screen is not on there for long, so I might be OCD but I just do not see the need for two names upon release.

Still up too you guys, just my 5 cent's - Dallas worth.
Cause it's FUN. Geez.
I'll write to Apple and Canonical immediately and express your concerns.
I believe Canonical/Ubuntu was the inspiration for the code names in the first place. If you look at our releases (wiki) page, you'll see that we didn't start using names until we started doing Ubuntu-style version numbers that reflected the year and month of release. We stopped using that style for the version numbers for v10, but still kept the code names.
Icarus. That's what I wish it is. But we'll see I guess.
iCaramba
(2015-02-03, 22:29)DJ_Izumi Wrote: Cause it's FUN. Geez.
+1
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-02-03, 21:38)Bridgwater Wrote:
(2015-02-02, 14:58)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-02-02, 14:53)Bridgwater Wrote: Ithink it is a waste of time, and literally. What really is the fascination of having two names 1) Kodi 2) Waste of time name. Why not just stick to Kodi 15.0 or Kodi 15.1 etc and then gee yet me guess when a more stable complete new build comes along it is simply called Kodi 16.0. I really do not know why the need to use two names.

guess you don't know that almost any software out there always uses development names beside the version number

Yes I agree with you on that such as Windows but they are just code names for development such as Windows 7 Memphis, they do not actually release it as Windows 7 Memphis though, they leave out the code name and just call it Windows 7.

My point is why have the development name as well as Kodi 14.1 for example? Kodi 14.1 is all what is really needed in my view on the splash screen. Ok so the splash screen is not on there for long, so I might be OCD but I just do not see the need for two names upon release.

Still up too you guys, just my 5 cent's - Dallas worth.

So you have a diagnosed mental health disorder? Here's what you wrote: "... so I might be Obsessive Compulsive Disorder but ..." <- makes no sense.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Oh for God's sake people, grow up.
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
It's INDIA
Yeah, Me, Myself, and I, The Three Musketeers
(2015-02-04, 23:43)TerrorKeed Wrote: It's INDIA
and we offloaded development to 10 year old indian childs Smile
Ah i see it's ISOTOPE
Yeah, Me, Myself, and I, The Three Musketeers
iLoveLOTR ...but who is this Tom Bombadil character all the other geeks are talking about?

close Hedda Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 15.0 Release Name0