Separate library by folder
Hi there,

IFAIK, in the library view, there is no way to differentiate CD music files (16 bits/44100 Hz) from HD music files (ie: 24/96, multichannel, ...).
Please confirm.

As my music files are in 2 different folders, one for CD quality, the other one for HD quality, I could be happy if it is possible to get 2 libraries where I could choose.
I use a RPi (see config in my signature) and my folders are in one USB HDD. When I go to the first folder and I scan for the library through the context menu, I get one library. Then I go to the second folder to scan but Kodi add to the previous library instead to have a second one.

So, Is it possible to have 2 libraries as work around?

Thanks
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
Don´t know if it is what you are looking for, but you can always make 2 smart playlists with rules for path.
For example, the whole path or simly "contains.." or "ends with" etc.
I don't thing a playlist will do it. When I start Kodi, I don't know what I'll listen (usually I ask to the wife ;-)
I want to be able to pick one album or work or composer (I listen lot of classical and jazz)
I had a better look on the play-list doc.
What I understood:
  • Kodi supports smart playlists for all types of media (excluding pictures)
  • music/video must first be added to the libraries using a scraper addon or by creating NFO files
  • There is a playlist type for music
  • Smart playlists are plain text files that can be parsed by an XML reader
  • playlists have a set of <rule> tags that define the rules to use,
  • The <rule> tags have two attributes (field and operator) and a <value> tag.
  • Depending on the type of the smart playlist different fields are available
  • field: audiochannels; number => Kodi V13: Unfortunately only for video
  • field: audiocodec; string => Kodi V13: Unfortunately only for video
2 issues and 2 questions:
Use of scraper to collect music metadata. AFAIK scrapers are mainly used for video, what about music?
BTW all my files have tags.
In Kodi v13 Gotham audiochannels number and audiocodec are only for video. Is there an improvement (audio as well) with Kodi 14 Helix?
If NO, I can't use smart playlists to have separate CD and HD music format.

Edit:
There is the field "path" I could use but it is available only for music songs (I understand file music format) not for albums or artists. Does that mean I'll not able to chose an album or artist (composer)?
I can't find any information for Helix version.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Separate library by folder0