Win Pulse Eight CEC adapter turns off tv when selecting "exit" in exit menu
hi guys,

i use following hardware/software for my htpc:

Intel NUC Celeron dn2820fykh
Pulse Eight HDMI CEC Adapter
Windows 8.1
Kodi 14.0
XBMC Launcher (launch kodi as shell)

All is working as intended. CEC adapter is recognized.
When i turn on the NUC boots right into Kodi and i can control everything using my TV remote.

My only problem is, sometimes i want to switch back to windows and surf the web or something like that.
When i open exit menu in kodi and click on "exit" NUC stays on and closes kodi, but the TV turns automatically off. So i have to turn the TV on again to get my stuff done in windows.

I tried to uncheck "0:TV " in "standby when stopping" configuration tool from hdmi cec adapter, but it doesn't solve the problem.
in xbmc launcher gui settings i've selected "start windows explorer when kodi closes"

i don't know how to solve this problem Confused

i hope you guys can tell me how i can exit kodi and switch back to windows without getting my TV turned off through hdmi cec adaper...

thanks in advance

best greetz
Am i really the only one having this problem ?

no one in here who runs a NUC with pulse eight cec adapter and windows ? Sad
found the solution myself...

in xbmc -> system -> input devices -> devices there are hdmi cec adapter options where the necessary settings can be set.

best greetz
Hi
I'm also running Windows 8.1 on an Intel NUC. Do you know if it is possible to turn on kodi from the remote after exiting kodi?
Like you said sometimes you just exit kodi to get back to Windows but what if you want to start kodi again from that state, how do you do?
when i switch from kodi back to windows, to check mails or surf the web or whatever, i have to use my rf keyboard with touchpad anyway.
so when i have finished my stuff in windows and want to switch back to kodi i use the touchpad to start kodi on metro ui.
no need to start kodi with my tv remote...
Thanks for your reply.
So it is not possible to start kodi from desktop with tv remote?
You would have to set up a macro (such as macro express) within windows for a button on the remote to initiate the application. Once done that button would be able to start xbmc/kodi from within windows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pulse Eight CEC adapter turns off tv when selecting "exit" in exit menu0