Kodi keeps old posters and won't take new posters
I have a show that is completely NFO based and I recently changed the main poster as well as many of the season posters.

The issue is it won't recognise the new posters, it loads the old posters even if the file doesn't exist in the folder anymore (I'm guessing its in the cache).

I can select the season, select the new image and see the new image, but it will disappear if I move back and forth in kodi.

Even if I select change art but change my mind and cancel out of it, it actually shows me the new image in the season, but then disappears randomly later on.

I have tried removing the show then cleaning the database but it doesn't help.

Any ideas? I imagine I have to clear my cache somehow, I also imagine this is some sort of bug.

It also happens on both my Windows 8 machine and OpenElec, both running the latest Kodi.
I think cached artwork are supposed to refresh after a couple of days, but that's never worked for me. I usually just open up the textures database and delete the entries for the specific artwork I want to update.
It's not ideal, but also not a bug.

"texturecache.py C tvshows @cache.refresh=0" would force re-caching of all artwork changed since midnight. See sig. Plenty of other options there to help you maintain/query your cache (or media library) without resorting to SQL.

Your other options are to blow away your entire texture cache (not sensible) or wait several days and hope the background task spots the change of hash and updates the cache.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-02-01, 07:00)Milhouse Wrote: It's not ideal, but also not a bug.

"texturecache.py C tvshows @cache.refresh=0" would force re-caching of all artwork changed since midnight. See sig. Plenty of other options there to help you maintain/query your cache (or media library) without resorting to SQL.

Your other options are to blow away your entire texture cache (not sensible) or wait several days and hope the background task spots the change of hash and updates the cache.

If its not a bug then why does manually selecting artwork not work? I would assume there should be something in there that says "The user has selected new artwork, lets update the thumbnail cache for this item"

Also how do I enter that code into Kodi?
(2015-02-01, 09:40)samfisher5986 Wrote: If its not a bug then why does manually selecting artwork not work? I would assume there should be something in there that says "The user has selected new artwork, lets update the thumbnail cache for this item"

There's something of a disconnect between the GUI and the cache management in this case, and I don't disagree it's wrong, just saying it's not entirely what I would consider to be a bug as there's every chance it's behaving "according to design", albeit a design that perhaps didn't take this scenario into consideration (it crops up every now and again on the forum, but doesn't seem to be a sufficiently major problem for anyone to have thought about fixing it).

(2015-02-01, 09:40)samfisher5986 Wrote: Also how do I enter that code into Kodi?

Run it from a command line, which is ssh in OpenELEC. Just download the script as per the installation instructions in the thread, then run it.

For your Windows boxes, install Python then run the script, or just run the script on the OpenELEC box and provide the ip address of the Windows machine, eg. "./texturecache.py C tvshows @cache.refresh=0 @xbmc.host=192.168.0.8" where 192.168.0.8 is the IP address of a Windows client (enable remote access in Services etc.).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Do you use path substitution to share a common thumbnail database? That usually creates this kind of problems eventually.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
(2015-02-01, 23:17)PH-SYM Wrote: Do you use path substitution to share a common thumbnail database? That usually creates this kind of problems eventually.

No I don't.

Thanks for your help guys, I didn't end up doing anything as 24 hours later both my Windows and Openelec machine did eventually update the images.

Its a shame you can't force all background tasks to rerun when you want.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi keeps old posters and won't take new posters0