Error upgrading to Kodi on Apple TV2
OK, More data points:

I set the VPN to Japan, Germany, and a different Canadian Address. All could download the file. Turning off the VPN results in a server not found problem. Either it's an IP range blacklist issue, or my firewall is posing a problem, though Sophos usually generates a message when it blocks.
I found a work-around and I'm almost there:
1.) I downloaded the ATV2 installer file to my PC;
2.) I downloaded and installed WinSCP. It found my PuTTY connections, including the ATV2
3.) I copied the installer file over to the ATV2
4.) I ran dpkg -i org.xbmc.kodi-atv2_14.1-0_iphoneos-arm.deb

...and got a "no space left on device" error. I'll see what I can do to remedy this. Failing this, I'll try my old ASUS router at the edge of the network in place of the Sophos UTM server tomorrow and see if the setup command lets the ATV2 see the mirror.
Success!

I thought I ran the NITO command to delete XBMC. Regardless, it was still on the ATV2, so I I manually uninstalled it. I tried the manual install command for KODI and it failed again, but with a different message. I then ran apt-get update (unnecessarily, as I ran it earlier, but just to be sure...) and finally apt-get -f install, then re-ran dpkg -i org.xbmc.kodi-atv2_14.1-0_iphoneos-arm.deb and it installed! KODI is now on the ATV2.

I'll remove the installer file and I'm done.

Time for a celebratory glass of wine.

Thanks for your jumping in to help! This is how forums and communities are supposed to work.
Im really sorry for this, but I am really a novice at this so I was hoping that you could reiterate what you said for this fix, but in simpler terms. I get the message : "E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run dpkg --configure -a to correct the problem, just about everytime I update something in Nito. I was able to install the new Kodi-ATV2 repo a while back, but now it doesn't work either. Every time I launch Kodi, it says Kodi is starting, then it just stops and the timer icon comes up, then I get to my home screen with all the icons for ATV. Kodi worked a few days back, but now its also not working. I think it is all related to that error code.
I do not have a terminal screen to type commands into for ATV, and don't know how to get one. I use Cyberduck to upload and download files from my computer onto ATV.
Please please help.
Alas I found MTPuTTY as a terminal to enter commands. It is up and running. But trying to follow your steps, nothing works. Either my disk is full error appears or the dpkg --config -a error comes up. I am in deep with problems now, I suspect. Please help.
That terminal is the right thing to fix it. First read this for freeing up space:

http://kodi.wiki/view/IOS_FAQ#Not_enough_space.2Fmemory

after that try to do the "dpkg --configure -a" again
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
oh my god, you did it for me. Absolutely, after days and days and hours and hours, its finally working again. What a rush it is to be able to fix the problem. I am going to write down everything you suggested and copy this thread, and save it for later. Thanks, so so much.
p5-module-corelist
p5-exporter
p5-fcgi
p5-file ansicoler
and more p5 files, how am I going to settle this this happens every time I update

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error upgrading to Kodi on Apple TV20