Linux Airplay Not Showing Up
I've been trying to get Airplay to work on Kodi v14, and can't seem to get it to show up on my network even though it seems to be running fine.

I followed debug steps similar to this post: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=126159

Here's the kodi.log in non-debug, but with AirPlay Debug enabled: http://pastebin.com/VSB7xZSw

Here's the log now with Kodi in Debug mode: http://pastebin.com/TmdN5vyY

According to the logs, it's starting fine (albeit there are a few other errors, but I don't think they are related). I can see it is running in Avahi just fine as well:
Code:
mutalisk:/home/media/.kodi/temp # avahi-browse -a
+   eth0 IPv4 Kodi (mutalisk.guyot.ca)                      _xbmc-jsonrpc._tcp   local
+   eth0 IPv4 Kodi (mutalisk.guyot.ca)                      _airplay._tcp        local
+   eth0 IPv4 Kodi (mutalisk.guyot.ca)                      _xbmc-jsonrpc-h._tcp local
+   eth0 IPv4 Kodi (mutalisk.guyot.ca)                      _xbmc-events._udp    local
+   eth0 IPv4 Kodi (mutalisk.guyot.ca)                      Web Site             local
+   eth0 IPv4 mutalisk                                      SSH Remote Terminal  local
+   eth0 IPv4 mutalisk                                      Remote Disk Management local
+   eth0 IPv4 mutalisk [f4:6d:04:96:4b:a3]                  Workstation          local
+   eth0 IPv4 mutalisk                                      SFTP File Transfer   local
+   eth0 IPv4 Yamaha RX-V673                                Web Site             local
+   eth0 IPv4 00A0DE930CB9@Yamaha RX-V673                   AirTunes Remote Audio local
+   eth0 IPv4 bc:3b:af:d5:a2:9d@fe80::be3b:afff:fed5:a29d   _apple-mobdev2._tcp  local
+   eth0 IPv4 Brenda___s Library                        Apple Home Sharing   local
^CGot SIGINT, quitting.

Netstat also has it as properly announced:
Code:
mutalisk:/home/media/.kodi/temp # netstat -tlnp
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5801            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1120/xinetd
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:139             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1363/smbd
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5900            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      2212/x11vnc
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5901            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1120/xinetd
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:111             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      737/rpcbind
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:32400           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1894/Plex Media Ser
tcp        0      0 10.80.82.100:8080       0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1658/python
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:32401           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1894/Plex Media Ser
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:8081            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      815/python
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:4242            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1303/java
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:8082            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1066/python
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:4243          0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1303/java
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:58259           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1145/sshd
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:631           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      719/cupsd
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:31416           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      988/boinc
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:52636           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1904/Plex Plug-in [
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:445             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1363/smbd
tcp        0      0 :::9090                 :::*                    LISTEN      2535/kodi.bin
tcp        0      0 :::3306                 :::*                    LISTEN      1767/mysqld
tcp        0      0 :::139                  :::*                    LISTEN      1363/smbd
tcp        0      0 :::5900                 :::*                    LISTEN      2212/x11vnc
tcp        0      0 :::111                  :::*                    LISTEN      737/rpcbind
tcp        0      0 :::8082                 :::*                    LISTEN      1066/python
tcp        0      0 :::58259                :::*                    LISTEN      1145/sshd
tcp        0      0 :::8085                 :::*                    LISTEN      2535/kodi.bin
tcp        0      0 :::85                   :::*                    LISTEN      1143/httpd2-prefork
tcp        0      0 :::36667                :::*                    LISTEN      2535/kodi.bin
tcp        0      0 :::445                  :::*                    LISTEN      1363/smbd

I also checked to make sure it's announced on the correct port (eth0), which it is.

Here is my avahi-daemon.conf: http://pastebin.com/1jEPsNQH

Any idea why my apple devices cannot see this? I'm running iOS 8.1.3, and can see my other AirPlay enabled devices in the house.... just not Kodi. I do not have a firewall turned on.

Thanks.
you are missing airtunes support. You need to install libshairplay and i guess you compiled on your own - so you need to recompile it. If you see the raop announcement it should finally work (its part of the airplay protocol and should be announced as soon as you compiled it with libshairplay/airtunes support).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks for the suggestion. Shairplay is installed. I recompiled it as suggested, but still no good with Kodi. If I try to run it by itself for starters, it complains that it cannot find airport.key. I then run it where there is an airport.key file, and it seems to run! I can see a generic Shairplay Airplay option and can connect to it. It does nothing, as there's nowhere to filter audio/video to (does not seem to be aware of Kodi).

Any suggestions? Is there an airport.key file that should be with Kodi somewhere?
libshairplay-dev is needed (maybe from our ppa) - don't worry about the key (its not needed for kodi). Also once you configure you should see something "AirTunes support: yes (libshairplay)".
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Here's the libraries I have installed:
Code:
S | Name                | Summary                                           | Type
--+---------------------+---------------------------------------------------+--------
i | libshairplay0       | A library providing AirPlay server implementation | package
i | shairplay           | Apple airplay and raop protocol server            | package
i | shairplay-debuginfo | Debug information for package shairplay           | package
i | shairplay-devel     | Development files for shairplay                   | package
So I've got "libshairplay0" installed, not sure if there's a difference between that and what's in the ppa. I'm currently running OpenSUSE 13.1, so I do not know if using the official ppa would work (I currently use the PACMAN repository for Kodi).

For the message "AirTunes support: yes (libshairplay)", will I only see that when Kodi is in DEBUG mode?

What does your libao.conf have in it? Mine's very simple at the moment, which may be part of the issue:
Code:
mutalisk:/home/media/.kodi/temp # cat /etc/libao.conf
default_driver=alsa
i said during configure ... you will see the message once configure was run (i mean one of the first steps during compilation).

See if there is a libshairplay-dev package aswell ... you need to have the headers...

libao is not of interest because its not used by kodi. Don't mixup shairplay with libshairplay. One is the command line tool - the other the library - we are interested in the library only...
its probably -devel on suse
Here's all the lib files I've got installed:
Code:
/usr/lib64/libshairplay.so
/usr/lib64/libshairplay.so.0
/usr/lib64/libshairplay.so.0.0.0
/usr/local/lib64/libshairplay.a
/usr/local/lib64/libshairplay.la
/usr/local/lib64/libshairplay.so
/usr/local/lib64/libshairplay.so.0
/usr/local/lib64/libshairplay.so.0.0.0

Here's all of the packages I have available to me when I do a repository search for "airplay":
Code:
mutalisk:~ # zypper se airplay
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...

S | Name                           | Summary                                            | Type
--+--------------------------------+----------------------------------------------------+-----------
i | libshairplay0                  | A library providing AirPlay server implementation  | package
  | libshairplay0-debuginfo        | Debug information for package libshairplay0        | package
i | shairplay                      | Apple airplay and raop protocol server             | package
  | shairplay                      | Apple airplay and raop protocol server             | srcpackage
i | shairplay-debuginfo            | Debug information for package shairplay            | package
  | shairplay-debugsource          | Debug sources for package shairplay                | package
i | shairplay-devel                | Development files for shairplay                    | package
  | xmms2-plugin-airplay           | Airplay Support for xmms2                          | package
  | xmms2-plugin-airplay-debuginfo | Debug information for package xmms2-plugin-airplay | package

What I've done is I've now also added the "libshairplay0-debuginfo", but that only added: /usr/lib/debug/usr/lib64/libshairplay.so.0.0.0.debug. So I doubt this will fix anything. When compiling shairplay, I did not see the AirTunes Support message anywhere.

Here is the config.log for the shairplay compile: http://pastebin.com/JWJMKsWy
provide kodi's config.log
Sorry, thought you meant the config.log for shairplay. I can't seem to locate the config.log for kodi.... I've checked the whole system. Would it be listed anywhere else? I don't manually compile kodi (it's handled via the repository installer), so it may not even get generated. The rpm currently installed is kodi-14.0-8.2.x86_64.rpm. I'll try to re-install it and test it later tonight to see if I can get it to run now that I have additional libraries loaded, but doubt I can get the config.log to show up for it since it's an rpm.
well.. you must recompile kodi to use shairplay
Kick the packager in the but - he should compile it with shairplay support for god sake.
(2015-02-05, 12:21)Memphiz Wrote: Kick the packager in the but - he should compile it with shairplay support for god sake.

Best solution yet! I've emailed the Packman people, as they are the repo owners and are well known to the SUSE community. Hopefully they fix this. Will let you know if they get it going. Thanks for the help! Worst case, I may need to step away from the repo and do manual updates if I really want this functionality. Not ideal.
I've heard back from the Packman repo, and they recompiled Kodi with libshairplay. I'm happy to say that it now works and is fully functional! Thanks for all your help.

Here's the test package, and the note about the merge for anyone else using OpenSUSE and is having this issue:
Quote:I enabled AirPlay in my Kodi branch, this build also contains latest Kodi version, 14.1.
You can get it from the following like in order to test :
http://pmbs.links2linux.de:82/home:/sagi....1/x86_64/

I will also create a pull request and merge it to Multimedia repository.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay Not Showing Up0