Eventghost not working with Kodi
Hi everyone,

I need to run Eventghost as my remote is not recognized in Windows otherwise. I have been using Eventghost for ages and it is set up fine. Even Kodi is set up to allow control via http. My issue is when I open Kodi I don't get a notification of a new Eventghost being detected and only the default buttons (left, right etc) work nothing else does.

If I open the XBMC2 plugin inside Eventghost and test the address I have I get a message inside Kodi saying JSON RPC works.

Is there something I am missing?
I've just remapped everything, tried different ports, new usernames, no passwords, everything and it isn't working. It is definitely kodi even a new EventGhost settings file picked everything up from where it was before!
Hi,

I'm running the latetest eventghost with my vrc-1100 remote and kodi.

Did you enable the options for kodi to be controlled by another device and/or allow mouse and keyboard control?
Confusion is just a state of mind.
Sorry, just got out of bed and pre-coffee Smile

I meant System\ System\ Input devices

Just thought as well. If windows does not detect a remote then why would Kodi or eventghost? Surely windows and eventghost needs to be aware and have drivers installed etc before eventghost can send the remote commands?

Cheers
Confusion is just a state of mind.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eventghost not working with Kodi0