Fire TV root delete "cache"
I am trying to root my fire TV. I am on firmware 51.1.10_user_511070220 (verified this is ROOTABLE)

I went through all the steps from another website, except blocking update websites with a router (my router was no capable).

Anyhow after kinda finishing root I noticed in "system" then "about" section, an update was in the progress of installing. I stopped it.

So now I have a pending update firmware in the fire TV "cache".

On this website I saw this comment: "the new firmware already gets downloaded... So I went to /cache with adb shell and SU, and removed the file".

Can someone please tell me how to remove that downloaded firmware file from the "cache" of the fire TV using adb shell?

I am afraid to connect the fire TV to the Internet. Afraid of taking my eyes of the fire TV and hope it will not install the pending firmware that is cached.

Thank you in advance!
Update, 2/1/15 @ 10:20 am:

I gave up and plugged in the Internet and went to sleep last night since I couldn't find an answer here or in Google.

Turned on the fire TV this morning, went to settings, system, about and then check for system update.

To my surprise, I am still on the old rootable firmware and it never updated. All it says:

Installed Date: Checking now ...
Last checked: Checking now ...

Can anyone tell me, if I actually successfully rooted my Amazon fire TV ?

Does "checking now..." mean it will eventually update ?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fire TV root delete "cache"0