DHCP - network does not start on boot
This is my first post, but have been using XMBC / KODI on 2 Raspberry Pi's for a couple of years now without any issues.
I recently changed my router, and am now switching everything over to DHCP from static IP's, the regular connections have static mappings in DHCP config.
This all works flawlessly, until I come to my main installation behind the main TV with my NAS attached. This used to be a static IP, however when I switch to DHCP the network fails to start.

After boot if I goto OPENELEC -> Connections and select the wired interface and click connect .. it all comes up without any issues.

Under connection on the wired interface it is set to connect automatically.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Steve
Your log files may hold the clue.
It all sounds straightforward, the way you present it, but there must have been something behind your decision to change to DHCP on a wired network - more understandable if using a wireless network.
I, too, changed routers recently, and find that, despite allocating IP addresses to match the MAC for each piece of attaching hardwware, the current router will do its own thing for DHCP and allocate any address it feels like.
I don't have any problem with the network starting for the RPis, but it is annoying to have to go hunting for the current IP address.
Derek
You could try the latest test build:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=211501

The latest build #0131 includes an updated OpenELEC-settings addon which includes fixes for DHCP. Not sure if this is the same problem you are having, but worth a shot.

Note that these test builds are Kodi 15.0.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks for the responses, I have just upgraded to 5.0.1 and the problem is now fixed!

As for why DHCP, I have just switched my firewall out for pfsense running on a ALIX board, and it provides some OOB features that make management of DHCP much easier. I am actually fixing the IP and hostname of my known devices, this makes it easier to spot new devices.

Thanks for your help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DHCP - network does not start on boot0