Linux Running Kodi on a low-power PC/device, can you play this high-bitrate video?
By the way a revo with ion will decode 1080 mpeg2. That's why ion was so popular for low power hd decoding in the USA when ion first came out. However I am talking about consumer broadcast standard mpeg2 not the coding level found in this particular stream. I don't believe this is a muxing issue, but you can quite simply remux and test. ffmpeg or mkvmerge will work.

By the way the clip plays fine in kodi 14 on an i7 quad core laptop, software decoded. I haven't tried it on my own revo or intel systems.

Birdwatcher if you want to use mplayer on your revo, there are commandline options to activate vdpau. Google will assist. However that is a side issue.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
PS I note the comment that people had complained that remuxed material from tvh came out as 422. Is it simply being mislabelled in the remux process? Is this info contained in a file header or must it be probed from the stream?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Running Kodi on a low-power PC/device, can you play this high-bitrate video?0