Cannot get MythTV PVR Client to work in Kodi
Hi,

I'm at my wit's end with Kodi. I have been successfully using MythTV with Gotham with no problems. My backend is running on a Mac and is is version 0.27.4.

If I install Kodi on a Mac Mini, Raspberry Pi with Openelec or Raspbmx, they all give me the same problem. Kodi disables the MythTV PVR client and will not load it and I understand that Kodi will automatically disable it if it's not working. The version that I see in Kodi is MythTV PVR Client 1.9.29.

I've looked at the Kodi MythTV Wiki and have followed it. What I notice is that in the Wiki, under Settings-MythTV PVR Client screen there is an option to input MythTV Security PIN for API services. But in my version on my Kodi, there is no option to input the security pin.

Is the default MythTV PVR Client with a Kodi installing the wrong versionHuh If so how do I get the correct version or compile it for myself. I've looked around for info, but I just can't seem to find the right answer.

I want to switch to Kodi. I can probably stay with Gotham, but I can't get back to Gotham on my Raspberry PI, so now that's not working at all for live TV

I am not a complete noob, but not advanced enough to figure out how to compile on a Raspberry Pi. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
So I think I finally figured it out. I didn't have the security pin set in the backend. So after setting it and rebooting, MythTV works in Kodi.

Thanks anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot get MythTV PVR Client to work in Kodi0