• 190(current)
Release Arctic: Zephyr
Hi I'm also trying to get weather showing on the main menu and can't figure it out. I tried following the link above and installed the fanart as suggested and using the default skins...but all I get is the following but nothing happens. Do I also need to install something like Yahoo weather to make it work?

(2017-03-19, 01:00)maeda Wrote:
(2017-03-18, 22:07)hewligun Wrote: .
Thanks for answering. Last question. is there a way to make the home screen menu have larger fonts?
There is an option "Large" font set in Appearance settings.
for more options you'll have to edit Font.xml file manualy

I saw that. still kind of small. Does not seem like there is an easy way. Increasing the size in that xml condenses the text and causes it to scroll. I would have to find whatever creates the space buffers and the blue line and figure out how to resize and space those. Seems like a bit too much work.
Another question. sorrySmile Is there a way to list more than one movie/tv show with the widget? I know within the widget we can scroll but maybe a way to show up to 5 either through a list or horizontally.
(2017-03-19, 23:37)danielBmee Wrote: Hi I'm also trying to get weather showing on the main menu and can't figure it out. I tried following the link above and installed the fanart as suggested and using the default skins...but all I get is the following but nothing happens. Do I also need to install something like Yahoo weather to make it work?
well yes, of course, you have to install 'some' weather provider Smile
(2017-03-20, 20:17)maeda Wrote:
(2017-03-19, 23:37)danielBmee Wrote: Hi I'm also trying to get weather showing on the main menu and can't figure it out. I tried following the link above and installed the fanart as suggested and using the default skins...but all I get is the following but nothing happens. Do I also need to install something like Yahoo weather to make it work?

He probably was confused because every other skin just displays it even if you dont have a weather provider. I didnt know there was a weather widget though. I didnt see it when I was under the weather menu item.
(2017-03-20, 20:30)hewligun Wrote: He probably was confused because every other skin just displays it even if you dont have a weather provider. I didnt know there was a weather widget though. I didnt see it when I was under the weather menu item.
I didn't even know that, my main machine is always on Arctic Zephyr, my household is so used to it by now.
(2017-03-20, 20:30)hewligun Wrote:
(2017-03-20, 20:17)maeda Wrote:

He probably was confused because every other skin just displays it even if you dont have a weather provider. I didnt know there was a weather widget though. I didnt see it when I was under the weather menu item.

I can't find the weather widget either even though I have some weather provider addons installed.
HTPC LibreELEC 9.0 - Xperience1080+
RPi3 LibreELEC Milhouse build - Arctic Zephyr
@freem@n install http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Weather_Fanart_-_Multi

Skin settings > background > set weather fanart multi, than you'll have option in customize main menu to set weather fanart widget.
This applies to vertical menu and default skin weather icons.
(2017-03-22, 18:55)maeda Wrote: @freem@n install http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Weather_Fanart_-_Multi

Skin settings > background > set weather fanart multi, than you'll have option in customize main menu to set weather fanart widget.

does it display a forcast when you select weather? or just change backgrounds?
@jurialmunkey how can I get static own(no skin helper) channel backrounds? I have nice channel wallpapers but can't set it. Maybe you know something.
(2017-03-22, 23:19)allard1992 Wrote: @jurialmunkey how can I get static own(no skin helper) channel backrounds? I have nice channel wallpapers but can't set it. Maybe you know something.

Not really sure. I stopped using PVR because the place I moved I can't get OTA reception for any channels so I switched to foxtel (australian cable) and tuner cards can't descramble it so I only have the demo pvr addon to go from now (which is very limited - I can't even test skin helper stuff with it because it doesn't have proper channels or show names - just demo entry 1 etc.). I'm not sure if you can even set channel backgrounds, is this something that is possible in a different skin because I can always have a look at how they do it and attempt to implement it.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2017-03-23, 05:37)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-03-22, 23:19)allard1992 Wrote: @jurialmunkey how can I get static own(no skin helper) channel backrounds? I have nice channel wallpapers but can't set it. Maybe you know something.

Not really sure. I stopped using PVR because the place I moved I can't get OTA reception for any channels so I switched to foxtel (australian cable) and tuner cards can't descramble it so I only have the demo pvr addon to go from now (which is very limited - I can't even test skin helper stuff with it because it doesn't have proper channels or show names - just demo entry 1 etc.). I'm not sure if you can even set channel backgrounds, is this something that is possible in a different skin because I can always have a look at how they do it and attempt to implement it.

Thanks!
(2017-03-22, 22:10)hewligun Wrote:
(2017-03-22, 18:55)maeda Wrote: @freem@n install http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Weather_Fanart_-_Multi

does it display a forcast when you select weather? or just change backgrounds?

Yes. For me it shows Today and the next two days.
So...i just spent the better part of 2 hours trying to remember how I previously edited AZ to allow 25 widget items instead of 10. I remember 6 months or so ago I was able to do it in the includes_home.xml but I can't seem to find the line or code anymore . I've searched Google as well as this thread and came up short. Is the code somewhere else? Or am I just missing it now that I'm relegated to using my smart phone?

If I could be spoon fed the answer i would appreciate it lol
(2017-03-24, 10:56)jmurph116 Wrote: So...i just spent the better part of 2 hours trying to remember how I previously edited AZ to allow 25 widget items instead of 10. I remember 6 months or so ago I was able to do it in the includes_home.xml but I can't seem to find the line or code anymore . I've searched Google as well as this thread and came up short. Is the code somewhere else? Or am I just missing it now that I'm relegated to using my smart phone?

If I could be spoon fed the answer i would appreciate it lol
skin.arctic.zephyr/shortcuts/template.xml

Change all the references to the following with whatever value you like.
Code:
limit="10"

This assumes you have "Allow widget reloading" turned off in Skin Settings > Home.

If you have it turned on (with Krypton this option isn't really necessary anymore as the widgets should reload at appropriate times now and so don't need to be forced to reload everytime you enter the home screen or change menu items, which is what this option does) then you need to edit Includes_Home.xml in the 1080i folder instead.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
  • 190(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr37