• 6(current)
Alpha Equilibrium (Helix)
Such a pretty skin!
Skin settings screen seems to be empty,there are no setting choices.
(2015-05-02, 20:03)throttlemeister Wrote: Great work as usual. ?

However, it would be nice if we could enable/disable toplevel menu items for which we do or don't use. I hacked the Home.xml to suit me, but it would be nicer and quicker to do it from the settings.

If this is already planned, I didn't say anything. Big Grin

Hi mate, yes it's planed ... Smile

(2015-05-12, 10:21)deiniol39 Wrote: Not heard any updates in a while, just checking in. Been playing with this Skin at home. Keep up the good work butchabay.. Just a quick question, will there be a way to add playlists to the top bar in the final version..

Diolch

Hi, not going to happen. It's a design choice, sorry. You can choose between 14 Playlists for movies and TV Shows. I think that should be more than enough Smile

(2015-05-14, 08:59)patria o muerte Wrote: Such a pretty skin!
Skin settings screen seems to be empty,there are no setting choices.

Hmm strange. Restarting xbmc doesn't help?

I've made some changes to the home menu, as i wasn't that happy with the previous one. Hope you like it. Will be avaiable in the next update:

I love the look!
But I feel like the icon bar doesn't really match the rest of the skin, it just isn't as clean, also I find the iconography a bit too hard to decipher, even when zooming in on previews it's hard and I find myself just guessing at some of them, not to mention how it feels on my TV, maybe an option to switch to text labels?
Yeh icon bar maybe would look better reversed colours
Thanx for your feedback, here without icons ...

Gorgeous! can't wait to try out the refreshed look live!
One concern (which I can't verify without running the skin live on my tv) is that the contrast between non-selected items and the background might be a bit too low for easy legibility, this might not be the case on a bigger screen though so it might not be a problem.

I really love the accent just being white text, really clean, but since some other ui-elements are also white I have to ask, is anything selected in the above screenshot or just the movies category? (Things like these seem to much clearer when you're actually using the skin and harder to convey in a screenshot)
Hi, made some tweaks:

1. Main Menu Focused (Movies)

2. Submenu Focused (Unwatched)

Movie List Focused

Much more legible, but still clean! Love it!

The only thing I'm still unsure about is why "Recommended" "Resume 17%" and "Last Watched" are all in white instead of greyed out as they're not selected? (might not cause confusion when live but in these stills they still draw "too much" attention) (oh and vice versa, when that row is selected maybe the movie list should be greyed out?) (or maybe being even more obvious about selected items like changing the background behind the text to white and the text to the former bg-color when selected, this might however be a horrible suggestion as it might break the clean look, so disregard it if it doesn't seem to fit)
Yes maybe on the screenshots you get that feeling, but once you navigate it feels different.
I'll see if i can push an update this weekend.

Cheers
Looking forward to it! Great work!
(2015-05-20, 08:06)butchabay Wrote: Yes maybe on the screenshots you get that feeling, but once you navigate it feels different.
I'll see if i can push an update this weekend.

Cheers

+1
When you clean the video library, the popup window doesn't show all the info. The 3rd row is unreadable, maybe because I'm using isengard
(2015-05-22, 04:47)Edworld Wrote: When you clean the video library, the popup window doesn't show all the info. The 3rd row is unreadable, maybe because I'm using isengard

Need to check, as i've recently upgraded my test machine to isengard.

What about a bit more contrast on focused Items ? Thoughts ?

Love it! The fan art is gone though (incidental?), I prefer the look with fan art.
In previous screenshots I've seen green as an accent colour, is that now replaced by red or are there now two accents?

Btw on the topic of colours... will there be more colour choices?
I like that a lot, butchabay! I'm always a fan of making a selected item pop by means other than dimming non-selected art or reducing the legibility of non-selected text. I also dig that shade of red you chose. Looks great.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Equilibrium (Helix)10