v17 Additional node will not allow Thumbs info View
I set up an Anime node for my brother and it will only allow List or Icon view.

On My set up I have a documentaries node which shows as Thumbs Info view (and there are several other choices). This is using the Rapier skin; same concept as for my brothers set up.

I created the Anime Source which is on Drive K:. Set it as TV Shows.
I added that source to my favorites
I then created a new parent node called Anime.
On the original TV Shows node I set a rule "path does not contain K:"
On the Anime node I set the rule "Path contains K:"
I then added a new category. Type = Favorite, selected the Anime source, the path points to K: and set the Widget to TV shows.
I then changed the category action from Title to Library Node: Title.

That all works great - The Anime is shown only on the Anime node. The TV Shows are shown only on the TV Shows. node.

The problem is the Anime node shows a list of folders, and the Thumbs Info view is not available on his system like it is on mine.

The only differences between his set up is my content is on a SMB:// remote location, where as his Kodi is installed on his server (So sources are local to Kodi, hence the K: ), and I use MySQL and he doesn't.

How do I get it to allow the Thumbs Info view?

thanks
Hello @Yanta

I'll move you to Rapier forum and maybe @Gade can assist.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-07-24, 03:25)Karellen Wrote: Hello @Yanta

I'll move you to Rapier forum and maybe @Gade can assist.
 Damn it. I'll get my head around what's a skin issue and what's not one day... Didn't think creating home screen nodes was Rapier specific. But thanks!
Creating the nodes is not Rapier specific but the views available will be. Have you specified the content type in the xml for the node? as what views are available will likely depend on the content type.
(2018-07-24, 08:46)jjd-uk Wrote: Creating the nodes is not Rapier specific but the views available will be. Have you specified the content type in the xml for the node? as what views are available will likely depend on the content type.
 Say what?
I have never edited any XML files for a node, just gone through the steps I listed above. It's created when I set up the node. And as you can see for my TV Doco node, it does specify content type. I did exactly the same steps, but I'll ask him to send me his Anime file..

I assume you are talking about this file...

C:\Users\Tanya\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\library\video\tvdoco
<node order="2" type="filter">
    <label>369</label>
    <icon>DefaultTVShowTitle.png</icon>
    <content>tvshows</content>
    <order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
    <rule field="path" operator="contains">
        <value>Documentaries/TV</value>
    </rule>
</node>
(2018-07-24, 11:43)Yanta Wrote:
(2018-07-24, 08:46)jjd-uk Wrote: Creating the nodes is not Rapier specific but the views available will be. Have you specified the content type in the xml for the node? as what views are available will likely depend on the content type.
 Say what?
I have never edited any XML files for a node, just gone through the steps I listed above. It's created when I set up the node. And as you can see for my TV Doco node, it does specify content type. I did exactly the same steps, but I'll ask him to send me his Anime file..

I assume you are talking about this file...

C:\Users\Tanya\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\library\video\tvdoco
    <label>369</label>
    </rule>
</node>

Ah was it the Library Node Editor used to create the nodes? personally I find creating the xml files directly easier.

Yes that is where any custom nodes that get created are stored in xml format see https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_nodes so in \AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\library\video\ there should be a anime.xml file for the node, and also yes that is the Content value I was talking about. So in the case of that documentaries node the skin uses <content>tvshows</content> to provide the appropriate views for that content type, so it's entirely up to the skin author what views they want to offer for each of the different content types.

In the case of the anime node then if no content type is set, the skin may view it as a folder/file listing and so only offers the same views as you would get when browsing the source folder/file structure under the Files node.
Yes, I use the node editor to create my nodes.

I've emailed my brother and asked him to send me the xml file. Though I did set content type to TV shows, so I expect to find that the xml file will be fine... But I probably won't get the file off him for 24 hours.
Sorry for the delay. I have finally got his titles.xml file for his anime node..

xml:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
    <label>369</label>
        <value>K:</value>
    </rule>
</node>
K:\ drive is where his anime is stored.
Everyone is right that the views available in Rapier depend on content type.

Is it correctly understood that you created 2 nodes, both with content set as tvshows. And they behave differently?
No, I created only 1 node called "Anime" on his server. There is of course, the default TV Shows node.

On my server I have the Documentaries node; it shows the Thumbs info view. My Kodi PC runs MySQL and Kodi. All the content is on a different PC and it uses the SMB:// format for accessing the content.

On My brother's environment Kodi is installed on his server - The same place as the content. He does not use MySQL. He has only List and Icon views available. I have checked the Skin options to make sure other views are not disabled. If I select list I see a list of folders. If I select Icon I get a screen of folder Icons.

In my environment the rule field contains "Documentaries/TV", as shown below. On his it shows K:, which is where his Anime is stored.

The titles.xml for Documentaries on my server...

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
    <label>369</label>
    </rule>
</node>

How I create the nodes is from your post here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2717986
No news? This is still an issue? I've uninstalled and reinstalled Kodi. Same results.

I've now installed Kodi on 3 additional PCs. On ANY PC where the source is a drive letter the skin offers Icon and List views only. My set up is My PC --> Kodi PC --> Content server. And that works as expected. Very few people set up such complex environments... I'd venture a guess that most people have Kodi and the Content on the same PC?

I'm going to set up a data source on my PC and see if I have the same problem...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Additional node will not allow Thumbs info View0