Poll: Which view types do you prefer? (MUSIC / MOVIES / TV SHOWS LIBRARY ONLY)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Thumbnail / Icon
9.09%
Wide List
3.41%
List Info
9.09%
List Info 2
14.77%
List Info 3
28.41%
Thumbs Info
9.09%
Wrap Info
5.68%
3D Wrap
10.23%
Wall
9.09%
Fanart
1.14%
Total
88 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 3(current)
View Type suggestions and feature requests
Gade -

Thank you for your quick response - your responsiveness is a large reason I'm in the process of switching to Rapier.

I am using custom genre icons. But I don't see an option for Expanded List View on the genre screen - just icon view, which I reference above, and list view, which has a text list of names of genres on the left side, and one large icon for the highlighted on on the right side of the screen.

But I'm a graphical person, and also have kids, so prefer to use icon views when possible.

Speaking of genres (and if I should re-ask in the general thread, let me know, and I will), is there a way to have it always go to the root genre folder, showing the names of all genres, whenever I select "genre"?

Currently, as an example, if I go into the "action" genre, and start watching a movie, when I stop the movie, it stops inside the action genre, not at the root, or even back at the home screen.

Same when I enter a genre, and then long-press menu (which on my harmony remote I have set up to shortcut me back to the home screen) - when I next select "genre", it will be inside "action", and not start at the root.

Aeon MQ solved this issue by letting users pick the node directly, so the submenu will always go back to where it belong, not where one left off. Is there a way to do that in Rapier that I'm missing?

Cheers, Carl.

P.S. I've updated my signature - it was rather out of date, since I switched to Helix about a month ago.
CoreELEC 9.03
Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO
Minix Neo U9-H, Logitech Harmony Elite
(2015-05-12, 03:49)Carl314 Wrote: I am using custom genre icons. But I don't see an option for Expanded List View on the genre screen - just icon view, which I reference above, and list view, which has a text list of names of genres on the left side, and one large icon for the highlighted on on the right side of the screen.

But I'm a graphical person, and also have kids, so prefer to use icon views when possible.

Hi Carl.

I will take a look at Icon View when possible, although it will probably not make it into the next update.

If you install my repository from zip, you will get updates much faster. Smile

Pressing up or left (depending on the View), will take you to the top options menu bar - where you also change views. Press the View Options button. This dialog will change with options for each view type. When using List View, you will find the buttons in the bottom for Normal, Expanded or Mixed view styles.

(2015-05-12, 03:49)Carl314 Wrote: Speaking of genres (and if I should re-ask in the general thread, let me know, and I will), is there a way to have it always go to the root genre folder, showing the names of all genres, whenever I select "genre"?

Currently, as an example, if I go into the "action" genre, and start watching a movie, when I stop the movie, it stops inside the action genre, not at the root, or even back at the home screen.

Same when I enter a genre, and then long-press menu (which on my harmony remote I have set up to shortcut me back to the home screen) - when I next select "genre", it will be inside "action", and not start at the root.

Aeon MQ solved this issue by letting users pick the node directly, so the submenu will always go back to where it belong, not where one left off. Is there a way to do that in Rapier that I'm missing?

I will take a look at this.

The behavior of the Genres window is the same for Actors, Directors etc. I can add "root" to the path and this will solve the issue. Although doing this, will remove the "Return" argument, which takes the user directly to home after leaving the main genres window (when using Back button).

(2015-05-12, 03:49)Carl314 Wrote: P.S. I've updated my signature - it was rather out of date, since I switched to Helix about a month ago.

Haha, sounds great. I just wanted to let you know that the Gotham version of Rapier soon is deprecated, and it is not getting the same feature updates as Helix and Isengard.

Cheers
Gade
A feature requested again and again is actor information (metadata actors).

The Extended Info script is added to the next version of Rapier for Helix and Isengard coming within a few days Smile

This will feature new library context menu items, actor / director / writer / artist / movie / tv show / season information windows. Also 3 new widgets have been added when creating custom categories: In Cinemas / Upcoming Movies, New DVDs / Upcoming DVDs, Trending Movies / Trending TV Shows.
sorry if this has been bought up before, but a Right List type view would be amazing :-)
(2015-07-22, 10:53)soxism Wrote: sorry if this has been bought up before, but a Right List type view would be amazing :-)

In general for all sections of Kodi?

And do you mean the regular list view?
Possible to get a Custom Panel

1. Id like to Have Trending Movies / TV Shows together with In Cinemas / Upcoming Movies,

2. Id like to select a Custom Panel for each share, so if a create a custom group called Disney, that a link to my disney movies share, that it will only let me see disney related stuff i have is this even possible?

3. In the Skins Settings on Home -> id like to add add-on shortcuts titles to my custom made catagory menu

4. In TV Show (custom made group) I wanted to add a ADD-ON called Next Aired, but its not listed, not as add-on but if i select preset -> programs -> select addon -> i can also not sellect it here.
Strange this is if i wanne apply a add-on shortcut TITLES, then i can add it, but i dont want the picture i just want it as a button below.

EDIT: for point 4 i found a suitable workaround, add the app you want to youre favorites, ass we can apply favourites to buttons

Greetings Thomas

btw i added some new catagory items
(2015-08-24, 04:18)IIIdefconIII Wrote: 1. Id like to Have Trending Movies / TV Shows together with In Cinemas / Upcoming Movies,

Hi Thomas.

There's only room for 2 widgets at a time in the right side. The left side is reserved for Now Playing etc. So how would you achieve that?

(2015-08-24, 04:18)IIIdefconIII Wrote: 2. Id like to select a Custom Panel for each share, so if a create a custom group called Disney, that a link to my disney movies share, that it will only let me see disney related stuff i have is this even possible?

If you use a smart playlist to create your custom categories, you can add these widgets: Playlist (Movies), Playlist (Episodes) and Playlist (Music). This way you will see widgets only with items from these playlists.

(2015-08-24, 04:18)IIIdefconIII Wrote: 3. In the Skins Settings on Home -> id like to add add-on shortcuts titles to my custom made catagory menu

I'd like that as well, and it's already on a very long to-do-list. It's not a top priority as it requires ton of coding and work.

(2015-08-24, 04:18)IIIdefconIII Wrote: 4. In TV Show (custom made group) I wanted to add a ADD-ON called Next Aired, but its not listed, not as add-on but if i select preset -> programs -> select addon -> i can also not sellect it here.
Strange this is if i wanne apply a add-on shortcut TITLES, then i can add it, but i dont want the picture i just want it as a button below.

EDIT: for point 4 i found a suitable workaround, add the app you want to youre favorites, ass we can apply favourites to buttons

Nice description. I will look into what's happening and see if I can find a solution.

EDIT: I actually already found the solution. It will be included in the next development update. Thanks for reporting it Smile

Cheers
Gade
Hi there Smile Best skin IMHO for Kodi and personally only one feature missing (which I have to say no skin provides such a feature for Kodi). I used MediaPortal before and the MPtvseries had the option to display all the season episode list of a show despite not having the episodes in your hdd. For example I had downloaded episodes 1&2 for a show, the skin would show that these 2 episodes were available on the hdd and the rest of the season episodes would be listed with a different color indicating that they are not on the hdd. This is very useful as you know the number of episodes of the whole season (no need to check for every show individually if you want to know for example if it's the season finale etc) and the scheduled future air date.

Hope I was clear enough Smile

Thanks again for the best skin around!
(2015-08-26, 22:36)TheRipper7 Wrote: Hi there Smile Best skin IMHO for Kodi and personally only one feature missing (which I have to say no skin provides such a feature for Kodi). I used MediaPortal before and the MPtvseries had the option to display all the season episode list of a show despite not having the episodes in your hdd. For example I had downloaded episodes 1&2 for a show, the skin would show that these 2 episodes were available on the hdd and the rest of the season episodes would be listed with a different color indicating that they are not on the hdd. This is very useful as you know the number of episodes of the whole season (no need to check for every show individually if you want to know for example if it's the season finale etc) and the scheduled future air date.

Hope I was clear enough Smile

Thanks again for the best skin around!

Hi TheRipper7 and welcome to the forums.

Thanks so much for all the kind words.

It's a really cool and great idea, which I could benefit from myself.

The reason no skins in Kodi are doing this yet is that it's not possible (to my knowledge). Kodi and the scrapers don't offer this feature and will only scrape info for items in your library. Someone correct me if this is wrong.

I don't use NFO files myself, but maybe you can add non library episodes using a nfo file. http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/TV_shows

You can get some extra features and information about episodes and seasons not in your library using the ExtendedInfo script.

Cheers
Gade
I could not live without list info 3 Smile ......It is what I use and it is looking NICE Wink.....Keep up the great work Gade.
Thanks a lot Stefan.

I also use that view myself Smile
Very welcome Gade Smile
I think in terms of movies, for Kodi users there are 2 types.
The ones who like to collect all the new movies which have glossy, high res fan art, banners etc.
And general film buffs who will collect all kinds of rare and older films which sometimes don't have any fan art available.

I am the second type of user and List Info 3 is fantastic (and so smooth), especially when clicking on the movie takes you to additional info where directors and actors can be searched in the database.

I would like to suggest a few changes though:

1. If no fan art is available, maybe a generic movie icon or cinema style pic could be displayed instead of simply an empty field.
2. When the movie is paused, it would be great to have the cover art displayed in the corner, in a Now Playing style.
3. The blue icons which display the ratings and quality of the files could maybe be switched to more official logos. Maybe the blue colour could also be changed.
4. The layout of List Info 3 sometimes makes me think that the placement of the cover art and fan art/info should be switched (covert art on the left). I would have to see this in reality to be sure if this actually looks better.

Again, respect and thanks for this excellent skin!
(2015-11-29, 14:25)steve11 Wrote: I think in terms of movies, for Kodi users there are 2 types.
The ones who like to collect all the new movies which have glossy, high res fan art, banners etc.
And general film buffs who will collect all kinds of rare and older films which sometimes don't have any fan art available.

I am the second type of user and List Info 3 is fantastic (and so smooth), especially when clicking on the movie takes you to additional info where directors and actors can be searched in the database.

I would like to suggest a few changes though:

1. If no fan art is available, maybe a generic movie icon or cinema style pic could be displayed instead of simply an empty field.
2. When the movie is paused, it would be great to have the cover art displayed in the corner, in a Now Playing style.
3. The blue icons which display the ratings and quality of the files could maybe be switched to more official logos. Maybe the blue colour could also be changed.
4. The layout of List Info 3 sometimes makes me think that the placement of the cover art and fan art/info should be switched (covert art on the left). I would have to see this in reality to be sure if this actually looks better.

Again, respect and thanks for this excellent skin!

totally agree on point 1 and 2 and 3 Big Grin!! nice toughts.
Hi steve11.

Thanks a lot for your thoughts and inputs.

(2015-11-29, 14:25)steve11 Wrote: 1. If no fan art is available, maybe a generic movie icon or cinema style pic could be displayed instead of simply an empty field.

I will look into it - it's a good idea.

Do you have any images in mind you can link to? It has to be an image that fits with the style and look of the skin and it has to be free to use.

Quickly done, it could be something like this (using already existing images from the skin). I think it could work really well:

MOVIES

TV SHOWS

(2015-11-29, 14:25)steve11 Wrote: 2. When the movie is paused, it would be great to have the cover art displayed in the corner, in a Now Playing style.

Don't know about that one. The goal of the skin is to be minimalistic and not at all bloated. I will think about it.

(2015-11-29, 14:25)steve11 Wrote: 3. The blue icons which display the ratings and quality of the files could maybe be switched to more official logos. Maybe the blue colour could also be changed.

Which official logos do you have in mind?

You know you can switch the blue color to white/grey in the skin settings, right?

(2015-11-29, 14:25)steve11 Wrote: 4. The layout of List Info 3 sometimes makes me think that the placement of the cover art and fan art/info should be switched (covert art on the left). I would have to see this in reality to be sure if this actually looks better.

That wouldn't work as there would be no space available for the info. Posters are vertical (aprox. 2:3) and fanart is horizontal (16:9).

Cheers
Gade
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
View Type suggestions and feature requests1