• 2(current)
WavforHue - a music visualization for Philips Hue lights
I'd love to play with this, but I get a 'wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64' for WaveforHue.vis when trying with i686 Linux.

Any chance of a 32 bit compile?
'Zero

-----
Kodi Krypton 17.6 | Linux | FTV w/LiveTV 'Fred edition' | Maraschino Git | Kore v 2 | Chorus2
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
(2015-05-04, 13:59)ReducedToZero Wrote: I'd love to play with this, but I get a 'wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64' for WaveforHue.vis when trying with i686 Linux.

Any chance of a 32 bit compile?

Where do you see that error and what Linux are you using? The Linux .vis is for x86 Ubuntu. Maybe you can recompile it using info from this thread: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21600...elfclass64.

I'll be honest with you, I have no idea how to make the plugin compatible across a range of systems other than what I have. The problem is the plugin uses CPU/system timing functions and graphics library functions and those are different across OS's and architectures, so additional code needs to be written, i.e., the code has to be ported.
hardyt, i can do a (cmake) buildsystem so this can be compiled out-of-tree as an add-on for you if you want. just ask (i won't be able to test all aspects of it though).
Yes, I'm sure that would benefit some and teach me a lot!

(2015-05-08, 15:27)ironic_monkey Wrote: hardyt, i can do a (cmake) buildsystem so this can be compiled out-of-tree as an add-on for you if you want. just ask (i won't be able to test all aspects of it though).
https://github.com/notspiff/visualization.waveforhue
Running Kodi 14.2 on OpenElec 5.0.8 (Generic.x86_64) I get a dll error when switching the visualization to WaveforHue... are there any dependencies that must be installed in addition to the addon file?
Hi,

I tried this addon today, and could not make it working.

1- I installed it (32bit ubuntu/win version)
2 - I played a song
3 - I selected WaveforHue as vizualisation
4 - I configured the addon (IP and Bulbs numbers)
5 - I played the next song and ran fast to push the bridge button (less than 10 seconds)
6 - I played the next song...

Nothing happened.

But I noticed that with this visualization enabled, my music can't be played smoothly.... like if the addon was pushing my CPU to his limits. My computer's power is good, so this problem is strange.

My computer is running kubuntu 15.04 64bit. Should it be 32 bit ? Is there a 64 bit version of this addon ?

thank you for your help.

?? FOR A USER FRIENDLY PROCESS : it would be a good idea to show a notification for the linking process with the bridge. The notification should tell us that the linking is needed, and time left before the end. Another notification should show the success or the fail of the pairing process.
In fact, I noticed that only Kodi is becoming unresponsive when I activate the Waveforhue addon. All other apps on my computer are working well.

Can it be caused by graphic cards drivers ? I noticed that Waveforhue is based on Waveform addon, and some other forums complains about waveform performance on Kodi.
when i start waveforhue, i always get the message: can't load Dll

I'm using kodi on a raspberry pi 2

appreciate your help Blush
Hi there,

I receive and error when enabling the addon. I also have the Kodi Hue Ambilight plugin installed. Not sure if that'll created a conflict
The error I receive when playing a song causes Kodi to crash and says "ERROR: exception caught on main loop"
Any ideas? I know its vague, but there is nothing in the Kodi log file

Thanks
Hi there, I just got some Hue lights and was excited to try out this add-on, but I'm getting a "Can't Load DLL" error when I try to run it.

I'm running Kodi Isengard on Ubuntu. Is there a dependency that I need to install?

Thanks,

--
Francis
I noticed in the addon.xml that there is a reference to Android i.e. library_android="libvisWaveforHue.so"

Has this been implemented yet?
what does the code say?

this is the developers forum so this *is* a completely acceptable response.
This either makes my system unresponsive if I haven't configured the bridge IP when music starts, of causes KODI to immediately crash as soon as I play music when I have the IP in.
Hi, sorry, I've been gone for a year! Yes, there are major issues across different OS's and architectures due to the nature of the plugin I modified to get this to work. I'll look at Ironic Monkey's cmake version and see if that gives me any insight on how to get this plugin running on more architectures.

And by the way, I just had an issue with the system bogging down when playing music. This is caused by the Hue bridge not responding nicely. I changed the CAT5 cable and everything started working.

-Tom
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WavforHue - a music visualization for Philips Hue lights0